“Good en route stop over”

Four Points by Sheraton Panoramahaus Dornbirn
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Dornbirn
Reviewed 18 January 2013

Pleasant hotel, underground parking and nice big rooms. It is just off the main road from Switzerland to Austria in Dornbirn. It's in the town, opposite a shopping centre. Lovely views of the mountain. The restaurant would not serve us....not sure why as it wasnt full, but a group had booked in just before us; but we had some really nice bar food. The whole atmosphere is rather corporate, not charming Austria but then that's what we wanted as a stop over. Breakfast was in the top floor restaurant with fantastic views. Didn't try the spa. Would use this hotel again on our skiing trip.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank christinaco
David V, System Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Panoramahaus Dornbirn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2013

Dear christinaco. Thank you for your friendly comments. Your feedback regarding the restaurant will help us to improve our service. Hopefully, you will have time to use our fantastic spa area at your next trip. We are looking forward to welcoming you upon your next visit in Dornbirn. David V. - System Manager

Reviewed 13 January 2013

We have stayed there three times, once in summer and twice in winter. A wonderful place.

The hotel is very nice and far above the quality of Four Points in the US. It has the most wonderful spa which you have free access to. Parking is in the basement of the building and is free. The restaurant is on the top floor and has great views in all directions to the mountains. We have had some memorable breakfasts there and this year we were on the roof for new year and the fire works all round were incredible. the whole valley lights up with fireworks in every direction.

The staff are very friendly and helpful. They gave us a great deal of assistance and suggestions by e-mail for other things we wanted to do during our stay.

In summer it is a great base to explore the area round lake Constance. (Make sure you get the permits for both Austrian and Swiss motorways). You can rent bikes at most train stations. We have always had a car but there is a bus stop just in front of the hotel so is also a possibility.

In winter you have a small local ski area Bodele just 15 minutes drive. Great for warming up, slopes a bit limited but this is made up for by the local atmosphere and great little restaurants serving really home made food. Drive about 30 minutes to get to Mellau which gives you a much more extensive area to ski.

The spa is amazing, there is an indoor swimming pool, water very warm, bubble beds to lie on, different height jets, all sorts of things. The pool is stainless steel. It is big. There is also an outside pool that is heated. A great relax area and then my favorite, the saunas. There is one outside sauna and two indoor at different temperatures and these are very spacious. Two steam rooms, you can spend hours there, great after skiing or in summer. They is excellent herbal tee provided free of charge. The sauna area is nude, the swimming pools are not. They say kids under 16 can not use the area but they seem tolerant, in the sauna area we have seen kids of about 14 and in the pool 12 and this did not seem to be a problem (I imagine as long as the kids behave themselves and are quiet and respectful).

There is also a great exercise area with views out to the mountains.

Can not wait to go back.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AandM5864
Helene L, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Panoramahaus Dornbirn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2013

Dear AandM5864,

Thank you for your detailed and positive feedback concerning your last stays at our hotel.
We are looking forward to welcoming you on a regular base.

Helene L. FOM

Reviewed 2 January 2013

The hotel was a great find for me about 6 years ago, and I contnue to frequent the hotel as often as possible. The rooms are well kept, the bar on the top always stosk a good gin for my Martinis (and they know my recipe), and the spa is over the top.

If you want a good spa weekend, check in.
If you want prximityt to the Bodensee, check it out
Downbirn is a great city, the mall is across the street, the Swiss border minutes away.

Son;t let the American version of Four Points (a lower level) keep you away...I know I will be back

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear JBMartiniguy,

Thank you for giving us your feedback on TripAdvisor. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Helene L. FOM

Reviewed 2 January 2013

Being from America, we have never stayed at a hotel with this type of spa! This hotel had the biggest, coolest hot tub I have ever experienced, all included in the price of the hotel! I spent more time in the spa area than I had planned! What was also great about the hotel was the friendly staff, the comfortable modern rooms, the views of the city and the mountains, and the proximity to Liechtenstein! The only thing lacking was a coffee maker in the room. I would highly recommend this hotel for the spa area alone!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear tammlynn, Thank you for your positive feedback via TripAdvisor. We are pleased that you enjoyed our Spa area "Home of Balance" and will share your comments with our team. We are looking forward to welcoming you in Dornbirn again. Helene L. FOM

Reviewed 29 November 2012

My friends and I stayed here for a weekend and this hotel was a true find. The spa and pool cannot be faulted and were one of the best I have seen ever. The outdoor pool was great even in January! Rooms were modern, staff were friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend this hotel. Views are simply amazing

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 October 2012

The rooms at the hotel--with amazing views--are the best part of the hotel. The room was quite large and clean. The location was fine and just a few minutes off the highway. The pool and spa are a great extra and span parts of 3 floors of the hotel and is free to hotel guests. Parking in the garage is also included. The internet is not included and is quite pricy. I ordered room service and was disappointed to see that they had substituted another side for my meal without any discussion. It would have been nice to be told that what was on the menu was not available so I could have an opportunity to change my order (if I wanted). I was also disappointed to find that the shampoo, lotion, etc. in my bathroom had been used....there was only about 1/4 left in the small bottles. Overall, a good hotel, but with some minor problems.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 October 2012

Having in mind that Four Points by Sheraton is kind of a "low level brand" in the SPG chain it can be said that the FP by Sheraton in Dornbirn is an outstanding hotel. I was there last weekend and I was pleasantly surprised. My room was already automatically upgraded (due to my SPG Platinum stautus). Nice room but the highlight is the wellness area with sauna and steem bath, the heated pools (one indoor and one outdoor) and the fitness center. All that for a rate of only 80 EUR per room. SPG Platinum members can get the breakfast for free as their local amenity. Some service issues, however, were given during my last stay. It would be wishful if the front desk staff on average is more competent!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dornbirn
Vienna House Martinspark Dornbirn
Mercure Bregenz City
Mercure Bregenz City
#3 of 16 in Bregenz
Harry's Home Hotel Dornbirn

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Panoramahaus Dornbirn? Share your experiences!