Open today: 09:00 - 18:00
Review Highlights
Bruno's wines from the Bergerac

I found Duck & Truffle based on an acknowledgement about them in Martin Walker's latest book, "A... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Relax752522
Informative Fun

We had Max come to us and entertain party of 8, it was great fun with just the right amount of... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Dream67555047267

All reviews duck truffle wine tasting no pressure wonderful wine fantastic guide visiting the area enjoyable afternoon wealth of knowledge great fun dropped off lovely lunch his wife beautiful dordogne local bistro home wine michelin star restaurant
Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

My wife and I were treated to the wine tour by our daughter and had a fantastic time. Max is very knowledgeable and spent considerable time educating us on the regional wines as well as acting as our interpreter. I would highly recommend Duck and Truffle as an excellent way to tour wineries in comfort.

Emma M, Owner at Duck & Truffle, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2018

Many thanks for your review and comments - it was a lovely way to celebrate your wife's birthday

Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

We booked the private winery tour for 4 people with lunch stop. We were picked up at 10am and arrived back at around 7 pm. Max was a fantastic guide, keen to help us understand the wines and the region. Even our basic question were happily answered.

We came away with a better appreciation and knowledge of the wines of Bergerac region. It was a very relaxed and enjoyable way to spend the day. I highly recommend this tour.

Emma M, Owner at Duck & Truffle, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Thank you very much for your review - we really do appreciate it. Max thoroughly enjoyed showing you around the Bergerac wine region.

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

I’m so glad that I chose the Duck and truffle for our wine tour. Emma and Katie were both brilliant and made the booking process so smooth. They even arranged it for just the two of us on a day that suited me as I wanted to propose in the vineyards after the tour.

Every part of the day was so well done. We told max that we wanted to learn more about wine and we most certainly did. Max is such a lovely guy with a wealth of knowledge of the region and it’s wines. He even drove us to a beautiful chateau for pictures inbetween the wineries.

He arranged our meal at the Michelin star restaurant Les Tour Des Vents. We had a table on the terrace with great views and some of the best food we’ve ever eaten. He even arranged a glass of champagne for us to enjoy.

Emma emailed a few weeks before the tour, asking what part of the day I wanted to propose and ensured that max knew when to leave us alone. We came back out of the vineyards to a bottle of champagne to celebrate and Max even thought to give us the cork as a momento.

I felt so at ease on what should have probably been the most nerve wracking day and this was all down to their help and planning. All of their small touches and attention to detail really did make this the perfect day. My partner told me that he’d had one of the most special days in a long time (and this was before I popped the question).

We can’t thank Max and Emma enough and we’ve already recommended them to family friends in the Dordogne. The whole day exceeded my expectations.

Thanks once again to the whole team at duck and truffle.

Karl & Mark

Emma M, Owner at Duck & Truffle, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

It is people like yourselves that are the reason we set up Duck & Truffle. We love what we do and we love sharing it with like minded people and when we read comments like this it makes us so proud. Thank you for choosing us - we are so very happy to have made your day even more special. Now we have to plan the wedding!!!

Reviewed 16 June 2018

Well planned trip, but flexible to our needs. Great tour leader and comfortable tour. Fantastic day. Highly recommended.

Emma M, Owner at Duck & Truffle, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Many thanks for your review. We are really pleased you enjoyed the day.

Reviewed 15 June 2018

Our family of 5 (all adults) took the all-day tour of Bergerac wineries. Max escorted us to a great selection of local family-run wineries and a tasting of the surprising (to us) Montbazillac sweet wines. He was a wealth of information on the local wines and wine industry. We liked the wineries we visited and bought quite a few of the things we tasted. A highlight was Max's lunch reservation for us at a Michelin star restaurant near the Montbazillac vineyards.

Emma M, Owner at Duck & Truffle, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Many thanks David. Max said you'd enjoyed the sweet wine - try it with some blue cheese, it's delicious.