Although pretty regular visitors to both Le Touquet and Montreuil, we had never stayed at the Chateau - big mistake! We walked through the wooden entrance doors - and found a little Paradise! We had booked a room on the 2nd floor of the main building and had been warned that there was no lift but it really wasn't a problem with weekend luggage. The room was just lovely, light and spacious with a good sized sitting room as well - room 209 is definitely recommended! The gardens are extensive with lots of chairs dotted around so you can sit privately and peacefully. The staff were really friendly and helpful and very good at reminding you to "watch your step" at a number of uneven places on the floor! Continental breakfast was wonderful sitting on the terrace, looking out over the garden with the most delicious assortment of goodies- the marmalade and the bread were to die for! We checked out and went to walk the ramparts in the morning, had a beer in town but were drawn back to the Chateau so we sat in the gardens with the papers, an aperitif and a late snack lunch (one of tastiest croque monsieurs ever!) before eventually dragging ourselves away to the Channel Tunnel and the inevitable M25 traffic jam - from the sublime to the ridiculous! We can't wait to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A small, charming hotel, set in lovely gardens with a very good restaurant. The rooms are all different and cosy with space to relax. There is also a drawing room with an open log fire. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Chateau de Montreuil reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau De Montreuil Hotel Montreuil-Sur-Mer
- Château De Montreuil Hotel