If you prefer to stay in a small hotel with character, charm and individuality then you will love this place. Do check a detailed map or GPS before you set off- the hotel is set in the middle of nowhere in glorious, rolling countryside via a paved track off the D2 to the north of Roussillon.
The hotel sits on a hillside overlooking the Luberon mountains and in the near-distance beautiful Roussillon glows warmly in the setting sun. They provide a pool and jacuzzi and a lovely fresh breakfast was served on the terrace by the pool while I was staying there. The hotel provides a small library with a diverse selection of French and English reading material.
Parking is provided under shady canopies and all around the grounds are wild flowers, lavender trees and the sound of crickets. The charm of the setting is mirrored in the welcome of the owners who are very friendly and kind.
The room was decorated in a quirky, almost bohemian style, with shutters to close at night for the bedroom but only a thin voile curtain otherwise and no curtain at all for the bathroom window which looked onto the next room's patio! Each room has its own mini patio with table and chairs which were lovely after a hard day's sightseeing. The room wasn't perfect- it had poor soundproofing- so you have to hope that people in the adjacent rooms or in the lobby share your bedtime- either that or invest in good earplugs! Wifi was barely functional while I stayed there but the bed was comfortable and the shower was powerful so they get the key things right.
The Cle des Champs comes highly recommended as a hotel to 'get away from it all' in a beautiful setting, attended to by charming hosts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Cle Des Champs in Roussillon, a beautiful story in the Luberon. Between Gordes and St Saturnin les Apt on the D2, take the small path that leads you to the hotel. In the shade of pine trees, nestled in the scrub that is an authentic Provencal Mas or the relaxing atmosphere appeals to you upon your arrival. You are at home here. Enjoy your newly decorated room with a private terrace facing the village of Roussillon. Laze beside the heated pool, enjoy the steam room and Jacuzzi or take the time to stroll in the garden surrounded by lavender fields. In the morning, quietly, enjoy a sumptuous breakfast and dinner treat yourself in our market cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel la Cle des Champs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Mas De Garrigon Gordes
- Hotel La Cle Des Champs Roussillon, France