We stayed here on a family skiing holiday for a week in February 2013 and I was very pleased.
- The staff were very helpful about accommodating our 3-month-old baby daughter - including removing one of the beds and putting up a travel cot.
- The buffet breakfast was great, with a range of pastries, freshly squeezed orange juice and plenty to set you up for a day on the slopes.
- Most of the meals (with the exception of one or two) were enjoyable. More what I would describe as solid Alpine fare (tartiflette, a fair bit of cheese, cream, bacon used, etc etc) than super-swish cuisine but flavoursome and very competently executed. Drinks were good value, too.
- The hotel is very close to a ski bus stop and particularly convenient for La Linga. (NB the maps shown on the bus stop signs are completely unintelligible and appear to show a mirror image of the actual route...)
- Convenient basement ski storage and boot warmers.
- While the room was plenty big enough for a couple with a baby, it was not super large and I imagine that if there had been a 3rd grown-up it would have been rather cramped.
- The decor was getting a bit tired.
- Quite hard to strike a balance at night between temperature and noise: windows all closed = overheating, window open = some traffic noise.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Le Kandahar Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.