“Amazing decorations! Lights and decorations on every surface”
Review of Chez BaBeth

Chez BaBeth
Ranked #17 of 56 Restaurants in Chatel
Price range: US$16 - US$52
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Restaurant situe sur le pistes entre Chatel et Avoriaz...Dans une ambiance chaleureuse et conviviale dans Un cadre unique ,,, à découvrir sans modération 💕💕💕 Service non stop de 11h a 16 h Bar exterieur avec Dance Floor apres 15hoo Ouvert l'ete de fin Juin a fin aout uniquement le midi
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
“Amazing decorations! Lights and decorations on every surface”
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

We came at Christmas and discovered this little gem of a chalet restaurant so came back in April with all the family. The cosiest place ever! So sweet. The only downside is it's so busy, don't turn up on holiday times without booking and we felt the pressure of the staff on edge.

London, United Kingdom
“Pretty good restaurant”
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

This was a good restaurant with an amazing view-it overlooked the mountains on one side and the slopes on the other. The decorations were a little tacky and over the top but we sat outside because the weather was great. The food came quickly although the woman serving us was not very friendly and didn't speak very good English either. This meant our order went wrong and we had to wait an extra 15 minutes for the last pizza to come. The desserts however were really, really good. It wasn't busy so we were served quickly but I reckon at peak season the food could take a long time. They also had chairs to sunbathe in (if it's sunny) whilst you're waiting for your food. All in all not a bad restaurant they just need to improve their staff.

Visited March 2014
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“My dream restaurant - excellent food”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I went to Chez BaBeth with my family on recommendation, although I had heard mixed reviews.

I loved every minute that I was there. The cocktails were excellent without being to strong, the decor was cute and cosy and the food was amazing. It was a pleasure to go somewhere different and experience proper French food that was exquisitely cooked.

I will defiantly be back, perhaps before we leave this week for the deserts, which also looked incredible.

• Visited March 2014
England, United Kingdom
“Embarrassing”
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

If you like waiting an hour and forty minutes for your food, while the waitress hopes you'll keep ordering very expensive drinks, being abused by the staff and having your skiing day wasted then it's for you. Otherwise plenty of great restaurants nearby. Shame, as when the food finally arrived it was pretty good.

Visited March 2014
3 Thank Tim G
ElisabethV490, Propriétaire at Chez BaBeth, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Hello , I'm sorry for your choice but chez Babeth itvs à restaurant it´s not a Mac drive .... You Know, we have 2 sittings : the first at 12-12.30 And the second at 14pm -14.30 between you must wait !!! You Know to enjoy your meal it´s better to make à reservation !!! Thanks for your help ...Babeth
London, United Kingdom
“A real 'experience'”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Well, this really is an ‘experience’ – I’m not sure how fond I am of the OTT Christmas Chintz, or the fact that this place is about 45 degrees Celsius even when it’s not that cold outside, or even the price, but the food is good, the proprietor (the eponymous BaBeth) is a huge character, and the atmosphere really is something you should experience once if you’re skiing in the Portes du Soleil.

My steak with foie gras was, indeed, excellent, served on a pierre chaud (hot stone), and cooked to perfection. Everyone else’s pizza, pasta, was also excellent, washed down with a bottle of excellent provencale rose. It was a lovely meal, if disproportionately expensive to other restaurants in the area – but the experience / celebrity of the venue is probably the cause of that.

• Visited February 2014
ElisabethV490, Propriétaire at Chez BaBeth, responded to this review, 15 March 2014
Thanks for your nice message, every day it´s a pleasure to share our passion , in every corner of the restaurant , my daughter and I décorate with love... For us tins not a restaurant it´s our House ...and sometimes I must give some rules when some people don't respect our work I give. all my Life to built this ....you understand ? Love from Babeth and Karen