“Lovely restaurant, idyllic setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Le Blattin

Le Blattin
Ranked #46 of 55 Restaurants in Chatel
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
“Lovely restaurant, idyllic setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2013 via mobile

We stopped here for a mid-morning coffee break and enjoyed it so much we went back for lunch. We were not disappointed, it is a small slope side restaurant with attentive service, a lovely vibe and fantastic hearty food which we couldn't finish. I had the tartiflette and my friend had the croutes, both were absolutely gorgeous and came with a lovely rustic bread which we were disappointed not to be able to eat.
Highly recommended.

Geneva, Switzerland
“Best tartiflette ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2013

This restaurant is on Chatel ski slopes (i.e. within the Portes-du-Soleil ski domain), by Cornebois ski-lift, adjacent to the slope called "Les Blattins" (on the right when going down). It is a nice little chalet with a small terrace outside.
We were nicely welcome. Menu included several typical mountain dishes as well as regular ones. We ordered tartiflettes (potatoes, onions, bacon and Roblochon melted cheese - it was served with cold cuts and a salad) and a "croûte au fromage" (cheese on toast with ham and a fried egg - same side dishes). I had the former and it is simply the best tartiflette I ever ate (and I did eat a lot of them!). It was so large furthermore I hardly could finish it.
Attentive service at all time.
Decent pricing (considering the location): dishes above costed EUR 18 each. Beware though they only accept French credit cards up to EUR 100 (because they don't have a telephone line to check them). So do take cash with you.
All together a great place I look forward to visit next time I'm skiing on Portes du Soleil!

• Visited February 2013