We (Lesley and Liam) have recently returned from staying, for one week, in the Piscopiano Village apartments (8th - 15th October). We arrived at 9.30pm, to a very warm welcome by the staff sitting at the front of the building. We were shown to our (huge) apartment and Danielle helped with my case, obviously because she knew the way.
The downside to staying here: the bedding was not changed all week and the towels were changed only once. However the bins were emptied every day.
The Upside: Our apartment (no. 46) was very spacious and provided very adequate kitchen/self catering facilities. The facilities: the two pools; table tennis; table football; children's park;the pool bar; the very modern lounge;computers in the reception area, were excellent!!
The staff: Mr. George and his mother, Sofia (who I guess wasn't a member of staff), George, Daniella and other ladies on the reception were extremely and friendly and helped with anything you asked of them.
We met some fantastic people who were staying at the apartments: Neil and Jane from Yorkshire, Steve and Sue from Hartlepool and Spencer and Carol from Surrey (?) Hello to you all and thank for such lovely company xxx
Restaurants: we ate at Gevsi, just across the road, where Tanya, her husband and her daughter worked extremely hard at providing excellent greek dishes. We also ate at Kostas Taverna, (turn right outside the apartments, then turn left up a small hill), which was also of excellent quality. David Veggera's was an experience in itself, where if we were able to get a table it was a miracle, but once we did we found that that the food was to a very high standard, the freshest of greek salads we have tasted and the most succulent pork fillets we have ever. tasted! Please don't be put off - if the restaurant is full, keep trying!
The stroll to the other villages, Koutoulafari and Old Hersonissos town was extremely pleasant. We had stayed in Koutoulafari in 2006 and it was great to see that places such as Rahati (Dutch pancake), were still very much up and running.
We would highly recommend staying in these apartments, in this village and visiting the neighbouring villages to make a very enjoyable holiday indeed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Piskopiano Village Apartments has lovely traditional Aegean Island style decor. An ideal place for relaxing and close to many interesting places to visit, most of which are within walking distance. The apartments are located in the hills above Hersonissos, between the small villages of Koutouloufari and Old Hersonissos. The apartments have panoramic views of Hersonissos Bay which is a 15 minute downhill walk. Facilities at Piskopiano Village Apartments include 2 outdoor swimming pools with children's pool, pool showers, free sun beds and umbrellas, a poolside bar serving snacks and drinks during the day. For children there is a small play area. The indoor bar has a big screen satellite TV, a pool table and internet access. The bar has an outside veranda and is a popular place to socialise in the evenings. There is an 18 hole golf course and water park 4km away.Due to it's hillside location it has a number of stairs which make it unsuitable for buggies, wheelchairs or those who have difficulty walking. Heraklion airport is 24km away, Knossos is 34km, Malia is 5km.The apartments welcome families, couples and well behaved groups. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Piskopiano Village Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Piskopiano Village Apartments Hotel Piskopiano
- Piskopiano Crete
- Piskopiano Village Apartments Crete