“Nice place in oø”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Vigli Restaurant

Vigli Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 128 Restaurants in Platanias
Good for: Child-friendly, View, Kids, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Tromsø
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice place in oø”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

Nice place up in old town with good food and lovley people :-) Tray their moussaka or chicken souvlaki .

Visited August 2013

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
Taarnby, Denmark
“Beautiful view!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

Vigli is definitely worth a visit if not for the food then definitely to see the beautiful view there is from up there, it's the best in Platanias! It might be a hard walk to the top but the view is definitely worth it! Absolutely astonishing especially if you go around twilight the light everything then gets is incredible and when it's then all dark you can see all the lights light up out in the distance, everyone should definitely see that if you go to Platanias! Okay, enough about the amazing view. The food there is pretty good, I have had some I wasn't so crazy about but that was just my taste there was nothing wrong with it definitely not! I just wasn't a fan, but I have had a lot that was really good actually, and well then they have a really nice looking dessert menu! ;) The people working there are really nice! It's definitely worth a visit!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Beaniewan
“Gret view. Best kleftiko in Crete”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

Had Klefiko twice at Panorama. The best food ever un Creye. Very tender lamb with potatoes, vegetables and great seasoning. That together with the view beats all other places in Platanias.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank nice-sweses
Aarhus, Denmark
“nice food, wiew, atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

I have been at Viglis since 2008. When I was in Crete for the first time.
Ive been in Crete every year since except one, and each time ive been at Vigli several times.
I think I know the west of crete rather well, and there are really a lot of good restaurants, but I always end up eating many times at Vigli.
Here I know I'm in for a great experience..
too me its a place thats good both, with family, friends and certainly also for couples. ..

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank simossimos
Harstad, Norway
“The restaurant with the view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2013

This is the one restaurant we knew we HAD to visit again, when we came back to Platanias in 2013. We had one wonderful meal in 2012, and when we came back one year later we were warmly welcomed. The view is spectacular, the service outstanding and the food is good. The restaurant is family-driven, and we had the father's wine, the mother's homecooked cookies and cakes as treats with the ouzo. When we left we even got fruit from their orchard.
When we'll go back, we are absolutely visiting Vigli again :)

Visited April 2013