“Enjoyable experience”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 25 August 2014

After a disastrous meal along the road (review to follow Souroupo) we were reluctant to enter another tourist trap. We checked the menus, plenty of choice and competitive prices. It was very full at the front with many Scandinavian flags so I assumed it would have been OK. We decided to sit at the rear of the building away from the road.
The service was prompt and attentive. I selected pork fillet in a pepper sauce. It was very good. My son ordered chicken nuggets and they were real pieces of chicken, not some pre formed plastic crap more over associated with an M.
The wine was delicious and well priced at €7 for a half bottle.
We were given complimentary cheesecake and raki. The total bill with 2 soft drinks, water and Greek coffee too came to €32 which I thought was reasonable as the waiters were polite and genuine. I would visit again if the opportunity arose.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

It was not our first time in this restaurant and again not disappointed!
The service was excellent and the food simply delicious!
The playground for the children is an added bonus, as they can enjoy good food while playing in a safe place!
Listen to the recommendations of the staff as you will not be disappointed!
The portions are not small, if you are willing to have starters, sharing main course may be a good option!
The Cretan wine is very good, so do give it a try!
The cheesecake served as a courtesy is delicious!

Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

This is a place I highly recommend. The staff is friendly and always looking for a good laugh. There is a place for kids to play at, and an atmosphere for all people to truly love. I have been here countless times, and me and my family (and friends) have never been disappointed in the food. The recommendation form the staff is superb. The lamb shank is highly recommended, iv had it every year iv been here and it melts in your mouth.
This is a must!!!

1  Thank Suzu T
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Went here as a family of five and didn't think it was special in any way. Out of five main courses four were quite mediocre and one was above average. The restaurant is not bad it's simply not worth a visit since there's so many better options close by.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

It is a tradition for me to visit Platanos restaurant and have their lamb leg for dinner. The lamb was perfect as well as the sidedishes. The waiters were polite and service fast. The location of the restaurant is at the main square of Platanias and main road is almost passing through restaurant. The location in the main road and the price level of the restaurant is my main complaint. Very good raki for those of us who enjoy this local spirit.

1  Thank cebbe58