I booked 5 nights in Indigo Mare through Expedia. The plan was that the complete family was flying in from different places to spend a long weekend together there. We used to stay here for years in a row on family holidays.
Unfortunately, when arriving (all the way from Mexico!) it turned out that the hotel did not have my reservation and that in addition were fully booked. My parents were already staying there. They mentioned they considered my reservation as a false double one since they had another reservation already with the same last name.. My reservation was already full prepaid by the way through Expedia 1 month before arrival.
And meanwhile busloads of tourists booked through a travel organization (package deals) were happily checking in.
After some discussion they suggested a hotel / apartment next door which did have availability and they would arrange it for the same money (which was paid already). After having a look it turned out this was of much lower quality than Indigo Mare and there was no way I was going to accept that.
More discussion lead to a new proposal of at least a better hotel but at least 10 min down the road which meant we wouldn;t be close to the rest of the family anymore.
In the end we discussed we would cancel the reservation on expedia and the hotel would make sure I got 100% of the paid money back through their contacts with expedia. At this moment (1 month later) I still only received half of the money back.
So 2 things still bother me: the fact they tried to 'service' and solve the problem through offering a lower quality replacement for the same money and the solution of cancelling through expedia and supposedly getting all the money back.
We did end up staying in apartments in the same road and spend time with the family around Indigo Mare. The pool, beach and buildings of Indigo Mare are well kept and if it wasn't for this bad experience and the discussions I would recommend the hotel to anybody.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Indigo Mare hotel-apartments complex lies on the most beautiful part of the golden sand of Platanias beach. It offers hospitality, comfort and serenity giving the unique opportunity to relax right next to the sea.Indigo Mare is one of the most famous complexes in Platanias village. It is 15 minutes drive from Chania town. The airport is 30 minutes drive away and the port of Souda in 20 minutes, both through national road. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Bookgreece.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and Cancelon so you can book your Indigo Mare reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Indigo Mare Hotel Platanias
- Indigo Mare Platanias, Crete