Indigo Mare is a nice hotel/apartments - no doubt about that. We had a balcony with a view of the water, the apartment was huge, the resort is beach side, it has a nice pool, room came with a mini-fridge (part of why we booked), mini kitchen, items to cook light in the room, daily cleaning service, the grounds are very well take care of and location's proximity to town is perfect!
A few things they could do better:
- THEY NEED TO INVEST IN INTERNET! It is free at the hotel which is nice but seriously horrible internet. This is the 21st century and access to internet is a must. We've gotten better connections in 3rd world countries. You can catch fairly well it in the lobby and at the beach, however not in your rooms. My husband and I have the luxury of working remotely so this was a big deal. It became pretty funny to see people walking around holding up phones trying to connect. If internet isn't a big deal to you when you travel - this shouldn't impact your decision.
- The rooms were a little dated and bare. Hard to believe how beuaitufl the grounds were and the rooms were a little lackluster. No picutes on the walls, wood was fading, nothing really matched or cohesive. I also would have rearranged all the furnature to take advantage of the views. The sofa was facing a bare wall, where if they moved it to the other side, you'd have a wonderful view of the ocean. Same for the bedroom. But to be fair, the price is good (for us) and the place was clean so who really cares.
- Beach chair rentals: They need to seriously just add the cost to the cost of the room. It is fairly annoying to pay an additional 6 euro per day for a beach chair and umbrella - at the beach. Over the course of a couple of days - it adds up. The poor girl who collects the money every day must tell everyone a million times, "Yes, even if you are a guest of the hotel you have to pay." Include it in the room fees so your customers feel like they are getting a deal - not shelling out money. I overheard the receptionist explaining to guest the hotel rents that space from the city so that is why the charge but for a better customer service experience - worth finding another way gain that revenue back.
All in all, it was a pleasant stay, we would stay there again but they could do a few minor things to make the customer experience a little more enjoyable.
I should mention, hotel staff was beyond friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Indigo Mare hotel-apartments complex lies on the most beautiful part of the golden sand of Platanias beach. It offers hospitality, comfort and serenity giving the unique opportunity to relax right next to the sea.Indigo Mare is one of the most famous complexes in Platanias village. It is 15 minutes drive from Chania town. The airport is 30 minutes drive away and the port of Souda in 20 minutes, both through national road. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Bookgreece.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Indigo Mare reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Indigo Mare Hotel Platanias
- Indigo Mare Platanias, Crete