“Just what I was looking for”
Review of Fantasy Rooms

Fantasy Rooms
Ranked #7 of 32 Adamas B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I loved my stay with Antonia and Michele. They were warm and helpful and made so many efforts to make people feel comfortable. The rooms are really lovely, quiet and spacious with individual terraces with bougainvillea. The rooms have hand tooled side tables and other fittings by Michele. I rented a little scooter from down the road and had a great time exploring the island.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Alia M

Reviewed 10 October 2011

We had a great time here. #1 recommendation is to rent a car or scooter for your entire stay. (there are so many beaches to explore on the island & you need a car to get to them).

Antonia and Michele are wonderful hosts. They will pick you up at the port/ take you to the airport. They have great recommendations for things to do/ where to eat on the island. Make sure to ask them about the fish restaurant in Pollonia (really good- but not cheep). Antoina called to make a reservation for us- sometimes hard to get a table.

Hotel Area: It is about 15 min walk / 5 min drive from town. You are surrounded by open fields- the air has a fresh, crisp smell. It is so peaceful to sit on your balcony and look up at a million stars. They also have a friendly dog and several new kittens that greet you daily.

Rooms: simple, clean & stylish. Tile floors and mini-kitchens in the rooms. Cool wood pieces, sculpted by Michele, accent the rooms. Free wi-fi in the rooms. Make sure you have your own beach towels- they don't want you to use the bathroom ones. Air-con works well and there was plenty of hot water. (I don't think there is a TV- I don't remember one).

This is a great hotel if you want to be at a friendly, family run place. It is the perfect balance of feeling away from it all yet being only 10 min from town.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank neige8
Reviewed 1 October 2011

First of all, I traveled throughout the Cyclades between 9/11/2011 and 9/25/2011. Hence, my stay at Fantasy and time with Antonia and Michele may not be representative all throughout the year, though I hope for any prospective traveler that it is.

The room was spotless, unique (personally furnished by Michele's handcrafted mirrors, stands, and even chandeliers!), and about a 6-7 minute walk from the main part of Adamas. One person noted that the roads are dark in the evening and he/she is correct, but you'll be renting a scooter or a car to get around Milos (absolutely indispensable if you'd like to see the most beautiful parts of the island), so this isn't an issue. In terms of the rooms and location, I doubt you'll find any issue. The most important parts of the fantasy experience were Antonia and Michele.

Antonia and Michele are without a doubt, the most hospitable, welcoming, and heartwarming people from whom I rented a room. Kyoto, Seoul, Beijing, New York City, Hanoi, Bangkok, Athens. Nowhere in the world have I found two hosts who were more gracious to me than these two lively, humorous, and generous kind souls.

After a long day of waiting in a taverna and riding in a slow boat from Santorini, Antonia greeted me at the port, brought me back to Fantasy, suggested that I wash up, and join them for a meal. I thought I would be joining them for a simple snack or such and had absolutely no idea what was in store for me. I had happened to arrive while Michele's nephew and nieces were visiting from Milan (Michele is of Italian descent, from Rome). When I went out to the porch, the entire family was waiting for me to join them at the table for a home cooked Greek-Italian meal! Slowly braised pork with carrots and potatoes, Greek-inspired risotto, the ubiquitous Greek salad, and even ice cream and Greek sweets for dessert! The food was divine (real home cooking, "fusion" in the truest sense), but the company was even better. Though I only speak a few words of Italian and understand a little bit, I spoke to Michele's nephew and nieces, making jokes, learning things about modern Italian culture / youth, and sharing a few things about American and Korean culture.

Following the meal, Michele showed me the wonderful art / sculptures he makes from the rocks he collects at Sarakaniko Beach. When I'd met him, he had only been engaging in the craft for just three months and it was stunning to see what he was already capable of doing!

On my last night in Milos, Antonia was kind enough to invite me to the beginning of the festivities for the name-day of San Johannes, a very important and large occasion for the people of Milos. With Antonia, Michele, Elia (their son), and Antonia's mother, I had the most incredible pleasure / honor of attending a true Greek festival at a remote church, largely devoid of tourists. There, Antonia and Michele introduced me to their friends and were even gracious enough to treat me to (at their own expense!) the most wonderful skewers of souvlaki / gyros grilled on real BBQs and Greek donuts drizzled with honey. At the end of the evening, I even had the pleasure of watching Antonia, her sister, and her mother all dance to live Greek folk music.

I have no doubt that this is not a typical experience for a person staying at Fantasy. I happened to catch a family dinner because Michele had distant relatives over from Italy and Antonia informed me of and invited me to the festival because of the close bond that I'd developed with the entire family. However, what I do believe to be typical, stable, and expected, if you stay with Antonia and Michele at Fantasy, is their hospitality, openness, cheerfulness, and warmth.

If you are the sort of traveler who loves to get to know the locals, has an adventurous spirit, and explores the world for the sake of meeting people, I cannot recommend a better place to stay in Greece.

Grazie, Michele. Efharis-to, Antonia.

Room Tip: re: the location, close to Adamas, but you'll want a vehicle of some sort, as you don't want...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank calbruin
Reviewed 12 August 2011

This is a very special place to stay. The rooms have character and are exceptional in their light quirky touches of design. The owners, Antonia and Michele, took such good care of us, arranging our vespa hire, picking us up and dropping us off at the port, and giving us detailed advice on beaches and places to eat. It is rare to come across such personal attention, warmth and generosity.
Thoroughly enjoyable stay. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Request an upstairs room: you'll get a better view. You can also leave the doors open at night i...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alia A
Reviewed 29 July 2011

We went to this place based on the other reviews. I would say it is adequate and very clean +A/C but it is a 10 Min walk from centre of Adamos. You can choose to walk on the main road with no pavements & poor lighting (& Greek drivers) or a back road with uneven surface and not lit.Not an issue for us but may be for others. The couple were running it were friendly. Better value elsewhere at €65. 3 Stars.
PROBLEM 1 We booked for 3 Nights & were asked to leave after night 2 as a longer booking had come in - Not Good. We transferred to the Sister in Law apartment in town. Not so good but at €40 ok value.
PROBLEM 2 - When we tried to pay we were told they had no change (A holiday apt with no change ??? €150 requiring €20 change!! ) and could we give money to Sister in Law. We gave €130 to Sister in Law. the following day we were accosted by the husband of Fantasy Rooms wanting €130. He pulled his car over in front of our scooter and was very excited. We explained his Sister in Law had money as we were asked to pay her. She point blank denied she had paid on the phone and then in person. It got fairly heated. Only when we said we should perhaps involve the police did she suddenly remember we had actually paid her. Was there an aplogy at any stage ? NO. I would say CAVEAT EMPTOR and GET A RECEIPT!!!

Room Tip: Bring water or beer for fridge
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
8  Thank FlyingScotsmanCP
Reviewed 25 September 2010

We decided to choose this location because of the good reviews on tripadvisor and it was a great choice. Michele and his wife Antonia came to pick us up, they are lovely and funny. The apartment is very close to the port, just 1 min if you rent a scooter (the best way to go around milos) and it's very nice, romantic and with an attention to the smaller details really hard to find somewhere else.
I quote the past reviews and agree with the topic “Little Piece of Heaven”.
I would definitely recommend it and looking forward to come back there again!
Thanks again!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Liquida
Reviewed 6 September 2010

From the moment we arrived on our honeymoon at Fantasy rooms we felt completely at home with Antonia and her family. They will do anything for you to make your stay in Milos memorable, from arranging car rental for you to reccommending the boat tour around the island, which is a must!!

The rooms are spacious with handcrafted details everywhere, from the light fixtures to the huge shower big enough for 2! The balcony is big with views to the bustling town of Adhamas and although it is a little further than other accomodation you do not notice it as you relax with a glass of wine on the balcony staring up at the stars............

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AlexiaTravelbond
Also consider these accommodations in or near Adamas
Thalassitra Village Hotel
#13 of 17 in Adamas
Artemis Deluxe Rooms
Artemis Deluxe Rooms
#1 of 1 in Paleochori

Been to Fantasy Rooms? Share your experiences!