“Wedding in Melos 2013”
Review of Portiani Hotel

Portiani Hotel
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Adamas
Reviewed 24 July 2013

We went to Melos for our daughter's wedding. What an amazing place for a destination wedding a hidden gem! The people at Portiani were incredible. We used the hotel as our base and our family took over the hotel. The management and staff were incredible. The rooms were great and clean and well serviced. The hotel is perfectly situated. And we took the most amazing pictures on the top floor overlooking the harbour. The vistas were incredible. The highlight of our stay were the great breakfast and we felt like home. The staff treated us like family and we were terribly spoilt. We would recommend the Portiani for the perfect Greek Island adventure and if you ever want a destination wedding on the Greek island Melos is a hidden gem and the Portiani will treat you like family. Our score is a resounding 10 out of 10

Room Tip: The rooms at the top over looking harbor. The best
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank George B

Reviewed 6 July 2013

We recently spent a week at the Portiani while attending a conference on Milos. The hotel is just across from the port and so affords excellent views of the sail and motor boats entering and mooring at the harbor. Easy walking to many pleasant fish restaurants along the seaside. The staff and owner are friendly and endlessly helpful. The breakfast is truly amazing, including locally grown organic fruits and vegetables, freshly squeezed OJ, local food delicacies, cheeses and breads (even fresh goat milk). The hotel does not have a pool, but the gal at reception will loan you a towel to take to the beach just a short walk along the coast. The waters around Milos are very clean, even right in the port, so there is no need for concern. This is probably not the best hotel for families with young children. TV only in GR, but who cares when you can be outside. The internet suffers from bandwidth limitations. The connection is better in reception or go right out front and buy a beer (or coke) from Yankos café. Their internet is free and the signal is strong. Lovely place that we would happily visit again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor where there is a wide balcony running the length of the building...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 June 2013

My husband and I stayed in the Portiani Hotel for 1 night in May 2013 on our tour of the Greek Islands. Everybody was extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel sent a taxi on my request to fetch us from the airport. We unfortunately were not allocated the room that was booked, but as we stayed for one night only I did not make a fuss about it.
The hotel is very conveniently located near the port with a nice view of the port, town and sea. There are lots of restaurants and bars nearby. Everything was neat and clean, maybe needs a revamp. The beds were very comfortable with enough pillows. Breakfast was sufficient, I especially enjoyed the freshly squeezed orange juice and Greek yogurt with Manderin Marmelade.
Room tip: Rooms on the 2nd floor unfortunately does not have a sea view, but all share a large veranda with unlimited views of the Aegean Sea and town. Rooms on the first floor have small private balconies, some with sea views.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 2nd floor unfortunately does not have a sea view, but all share a large veranda with un...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tiekahiekie
Reviewed 26 October 2012

Portiani Hotel is just right on the edge of the large natural port of Milos Island facing the blue waters. Services are plenty and very professional. Very comfortable and immaculate clean.
Danai's hospitality is the best I have experienced in all Hotels and Bed and Breakfasts through all my travels. I own My Fair Lady Bed and Breakfast and I am well known around the world for my warm, loving, caring hospitality and Danai displays the same calliber as mine and even better.
Delicious breakfast is served every morning with the electric squeezer to have a true 100% natural grapefruit or orange juice. Many delicacies prepared right at the hotel are waiting to be consumed.
Danai greeded me as if I was her family member. With a warm greeding, a smile, pleasant personality and rady to serve me and assist me in every professional manner. Danai you are superb and a star of stars with all the professionalism in the world.
Thank you for all you done for me and all the excellent services you provided me with. Danai I would like to still you for My Fair Lady bed and breakfast because you are the best.
Troella Tyznik

Room Tip: Located right at the large natural port with many natural beauties. Excellent services.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Tim B
Reviewed 30 September 2012

We have just come back from Milos where we spent four nights at the Portiani hotel. We had a room on the second floor overlooking the harbour with a wonderful view of the sea, boats and bustle of port life. The room was very comfortable, clean, the bedding really nice and the towels soft and fluffy. Being the end of the season we had a very good price. The breakfast was also very good with a lot of variety. Generally speaking port hotels aren't all that good but this one was really a pleasant surprise. I recommend it wholeheartedly.

Room Tip: Choose a room upstairs if you want the best view.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Erica M
Reviewed 21 September 2012

It was an amazing holiday on an amazing island one of the best holidays i have ever had.The hotel was located in an excellent position in the heart of the island, the room was very clean and we had a beautiful view of the harbour.My congratulations to the owners of the Hotel Portiani they made us feel as if we were at home and thank you to the very friendly staff.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lynne B
Reviewed 20 September 2012

stayed here 1 night in July 2012 its very close to the port with restaurants and bars very near.
we paid 70 euro for 2 people. i did check the back of the door where they have there prices and they were 150 euro a night! i would never have paid that for the room. i thought 70 euro was a bit steep. it wasn't luxury but was quite nice. the room was very small and the shower had the horrible plastic curtain that sticks to your bum. the view wasn't so great though it was a street view. we did have a balcony but that had seen better days.
the breakfast though was brilliant probably one of the best i've had.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank deniz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Adamas
Santa Maria Village
0 mi away
Hotel Capetan Giorgantas
Hotel Capetan Giorgantas
#10 of 17 in Adamas

Been to Portiani Hotel? Share your experiences!