“Great spot!”
Review of Portiani Hotel

Portiani Hotel
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Adamas
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Great location. An east walk from the port but close to everything in town. Supermarket is around the corner along with different food options and boats that take you around the island. The service was great and the room was clean. They have so many extras as well, like the free bag that came in handy to put my wet swim suit and the laundry service. Lots of options for breakfast as well.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Yesenia A

Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Portiani is about 200 meters from the port so i actually walked there from the ship. It is right in the middle of town. The room was a bit small. There was a balcony overlooking the sea. The breakfast buffet was a feast of various fruits, an assortment of pies, eggs as you like them, fresh squeezed orange juice and different coffees and teas. There is a bus 20 meters from the lobby. Parking is easy to find (unlike many other islands). The staff was warm and hospitable. You can easily walk to many cafes, restaurants and shopping. If you have a car it is a short drive (10-20minutes) to most if not all beaches. All in all a top pick.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2014

My daughter and I traveled to Milos last week and loved the Portiani Hotel. The owners are very friendly and warm. They greet you and speak with you at breakfast to make sure you have everything you need. The location is perfect - each morning I had my coffee while sitting by the ocean and watching all the activity. The taxi stand is also very convenient, as well as the numerous shops and restaurants all within walking distance. The breakfast was wonderful. I was not expecting a modern room - but I got it. The room was spotless, the bed linens beautiful, and the bathroom updated with an awesome shower. We also had a private balcony overlooking all the activity. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Gypsy1
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in May 2104. Had I known it was this good, I would've stayed here on my 2013 visit. The room was a good size, spotlessly clean, nice balcony, complimentary water and the friendliest and most helpful receptionist I have ever met. The breaksfast was fresh and varied with fresh OJ.
The entire experience was the complete opposite of a one-night stay in Plaka the previous day (reviewed seperately).

Great service, great hospitality and good value.

Room Tip: Second floor had good sea views
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Ann255066
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Last July, I had a destination wedding in Milos. We had family and friends from all over the world come to the island of love to celebrate our special day. Our family booked the entire Portiani hotel, both floors, well in advance. The staff was INCREDIBLY accommodating and helpful, given our requests and requirements.

Not only did the hotel allow us to book every room, they were incredibly warm and welcoming. For the duration of our stay (almost 4 weeks), the Portiani literally became our home away from home.

ROOMS: We always enjoy a comfortable stay at the Portiani Hotel. The beds are incredibly comfortable, the rooms have air conditioning, free water bottles, and spacious showers.

There are two floors, the second floor has a terrace that overlooks the harbour and the street. The view is breathtaking. There are plenty of chairs and tables, and even a hammock upstairs! Each room has its own little balcony, for a more private sitting area, but I prefer sitting on the terrace! If you can, try to book a harbour side room on the second floor :)

BREAKFAST: Where to begin with breakfast?! With an incredible spread, with everything from savoury Greek delicacies, to sweet desserts, the Portiani breakfast has everyone's needs covered. You can order eggs and bacon from one of the ladies working in the kitchen and they bring out perfectly fresh eggs that are so tasty. You can also have coffees/frappes made for you as well. There are fresh fruits that you can either eat, or freshly squeeze into juice! I never left hungry, that's for sure.

WIFI: The hotel offers free Wifi. The connection is weak in some areas of the hotel, but in the lobby it is very strong.

LOCATION: The Portiani is the most perfectly situated hotel on the island, in my opinion. If you are looking for beauty and convenience, look no further. The Portiani is a VERY short walk from the port where the ferries arrive. You won't need a taxi, just walk over to the hotel (hoping that you have suitcases with wheels). The hotel is RIGHT beside the bus stop that takes you to all the various beaches and "hot spots" on the island. Beside the bus stop are where the taxis are parked, waiting to take tourists around the island. There are plenty of delicious restaurants surrounding the hotel, and Yiankos Café connected to the hotel. There are shops and bakeries within a minute's walk of the hotel as well. You are also a short walk away from Adamas beach, but if you're looking for more breathtaking beaches, I suggest you take a bus ride (just a few Euros) to Paleochori!

WEDDING: As my title suggests, I got married in Milos. The Portiani served as the wedding base for the bridal party and my family. The hotel very graciously offered us a clean, unused room for the bridesmaids to get ready in. We were able to take breathtaking photographs on the second floor terrace. The hotel made beautiful programs for the morning of the wedding and put them on all of the breakfast tables, making my husband and I feel very special. We invited the frontdesk girls to the wedding because they've become like family (as this was not our first stay at the Portiani). It was absolutely wonderful and the hotel went out of their way to make things easier for us.

All in all, I highly recommend the Portiani Hotel. If you're looking for a comfortable room, a view, delicious breakfast, and incredible helpful staff (front desk, cleaning ladies, cooks, etc), then this is the hotel for you. Thank you Portiani!! Hopefully we can renew our vows again in Milos and stay with you sometime very soon.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor, facing the harbour are my favourite.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank star_travel_girl
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Milos was not our favourite island of the six we have just visited! the only saving grace is this nice little hotel, well situated so very close to the port. We had a good room with a balcony overlooking the harbour. Breakfast was extensive and everything was very fresh including a vast array of fresh fruits. The receptionist was very amiable, as was the room cleaner so, if you must stay on Milos, this is the place to stay. Perhaps if we had been prepared to take one of the many boat trips our view might have been different.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

We loved Portiani. You can't beat it for the value. Delicious breakfast, extremely friendly staff, clean rooms, beautiful room, great location, and nice views. They were very helpful in finding places, and catering to our needs. We took a late ferry, for example, and they were happy to let us use the shower. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Adamas
Santa Maria Village
0 mi away
Hotel Capetan Giorgantas
Hotel Capetan Giorgantas
#10 of 17 in Adamas

Been to Portiani Hotel? Share your experiences!