“Excellent!”

Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Adamas
Athens
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 6 March 2013

It is my second time that I stayed at this beautiful family owned hotel. I'm travelling mostly in weekends and Milos is a favorite island for me. What I like most at Aeolis hotel is the warm hospitality, the friendly personnel, and the nice and clear rooms. It is located very close to some nice traditional restaurants and the town.
I really appreciate also the free transfer from the port. Really value for money!
Thank you Nikos and Stavros-I will be back in the near future.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nikolaos N

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
chicago
Reviewed 21 February 2013

I had the same problem as another reviewer below. I was aware of the fact that, even in the summer the winds can blow hard enough to cancel ferries, so I always use a greek travel agent, in case I need to change plans. I booked a stay at the hotel, and paid a one night deposit, but the winds came up and our ferry was cancelled. The hotel said that's too bad, and would not return my deposit. If the boats aren't running, then the people there were stuck where they were, just like I was. I don't know this, but they may well have charged both those who stayed over, and me for the same room. I just stayed where I was, cut Milos out of my plans, didn't want to give them any more of my money. Sifnos was glad to get my money.

Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 23 September 2012

We've spent a week in this hotel. The rooms are big enough, with all necessery equipment and a small kitchen. Beds are big enough. It was very clean, the towels used to be changed every day. Internet didn't work that well. They serve breakfast as well, (so far we heaven't ate there, cause we like to try different restaurants) and as I remarked they had always lots of people, which means that it is not bad. The place is quiet as well, far away from traffic street, but close enough to center that evenings we could walk without using our motorbike.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank MoiCoquine
Stockholm, Sverige
Reviewed 16 September 2012

The managment only thinks in money terms and how to earn most possible, not on how to serve customers when in need.
I had booked 4 nights at this hotel and was already on another island when the strong winds started in Cyclades, the boat I was supposed to take to go to Milos had cancelled the trip and I was stranded on Folegandros island. Contacted the hotel to inform them that due to the bad weather conditions I could not reach the island and I would try to come the next day, if there was a boat travelling, but the only reaction I've got was that I had to pay for this night I didn't show up, as it was my fault that the boat didn't reach the port. They didn't show any humanity or sympathy to find a solution. Nothing more to say. Not serviceminded at all. I finally went to the island 2 days later but I prefered not to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Vasso J
StavrosMilos, Manager at Hotel Aeolis, responded to this review, 7 February 2013
Our question is how were able to mark our hotel with out first paying a visit. These fact shows how inconsiderate your estimation was. I hope you realize that a website that works like that cannot be considered realiable.We would also like to inform you that we never got any money from your travel agency.Propably travel agency used the name of our hotel to deceive you. Let us say that we have been the only ones to note be put the blame on.
Brighton
Reviewed 11 September 2012

We had a lovely stay at Aeolis....Stavros and the other staff were very accomodating...The rooms were very clean and the breakfast was a feast...
We were so pleased with Stavros's welcoming smile and hospitality that we would recommend that you visit.
Great price too...
Cheers

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AliBoyle
New York City, New York
Reviewed 30 August 2012

The good news: the property itself is very good. big, clean room, with kitchenette. great location, short walk to port, and away from noise. near stores (grocery, bakery, car/scooter rental). price very reasonable, so good value (note, breakfast is an extra charge pp, and not worth it, especially since the bakery and grocery stores are so close. there are other hotels very close to this one, that are even cheaper and include breakfast, and of the same quality property wise). hotel is next to an empty lot, if that sort of thing bothers you. free parking included.

The bad news: the family owners are not very friendly, and seemed to struggle overall with simply being happy and providing the right kind of service to their clients (maybe it has something to do with Greece's overall financial crisis, who knows). the husband in particular was gruff, and needs to work on his customer service attitude. the wife is nice enough, but still lacking the hospitality and friendliness that really needs to be part of this type of a service business if you want repeat customers. their son also helps out around the hotel, and he always looks like he just woke up and a mess (it would help if he brushed his hair and shaved once in a while since he is working with guests), and he also struggles to be helpful with a smile. the entire family seemed bitter and unhappy, and that definitely came thru during our stay.

Bottom line - we loved Milos, and would definitely return, however, not to this hotel. There are many other hotels in this area of the island, that are also reasonably priced, and include breakfast, and seem to have smiles and the right attitude when we visited them.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 26 August 2012 via mobile

My husband and I booked this accommodation last minute and they were able to give us someone to stay during our wonderful time in Milos. The staff were very friendly and helpful, they picked us up from the port and told us what to do in Milos and how to get around. The room was all that we needed for our stay, nothing too fancy but suited us fine. The hotel is a 5-10 min walk to the port / bus station. The bathroom was very small and shower was tiny, but again we were not that fussed and were there to discover what Milos has to offer. All in all a nice place to stay in Milos.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank xxtine
Also consider these accommodations in or near Adamas
Santa Maria Village
#4 of 17 in Adamas
Lagada Beach Hotel
Lagada Beach Hotel
#34 of 35 in Milos

Been to Hotel Aeolis? Share your experiences!