“Nice Adamas Hotel”
Review of Hotel Aeolis

Hotel Aeolis
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Adamas
Reviewed 3 July 2013

This little establishment is very clean, comfortable, and seems new. The best part is that it is away from the main drag so it is very quiet. It is located within a short walk (less than 5 minutes) of the nice restaurants located along the water front. It is very close to a modern grocery store. The proprietors are very nice and very patient with our communications since we do not speak a word of Greek. The room came with a small fridge and hot water kettle in the small equipped kitchenette. The joined twin beds are comfortable, the bathroom is small but adequate and very clean. The small balcony was wonderful as it allowed nice air ventilation if you chose to not run the AC and seats two people. The breakfast was large with a nice variety of foods, including breads, vegetables and fruit. And the lovely Greek coffee and yoghurt were a favorite. Ask for a North facing room for maximum breeze and less sun, our room was #8. Even at this time of the year we only ran the AC in the evenings. During the day the open doors kept the room just right. The only issue we had was that the wireless Internet system would drop out, and the small shower was difficult for a large man. But these are very minor in our assessment. We would return again with no hesitation.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jody D

Reviewed 8 June 2013

The hotel was excellent with good staff that were very helpful showing the best places to go and showing the best places to eat. The room was very good, with facilities very clean. Excellent place to stay in Milos. I definitely recommend to stay there if I go back to there.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny. Rooms are very quiet and are big.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 May 2013 via mobile

Nice quiet hotel off of the main drag of town. The family that owns it is very friendly and helpful. The room had a small kitchenette with a fridge and sink. We were there early in the season so there was no breakfast but the owner offered to make it for us if we requested it. The family took us to Easter church with them and gave us information about all the Easter activities. Walking distance from the harbor.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 6 March 2013

It is my second time that I stayed at this beautiful family owned hotel. I'm travelling mostly in weekends and Milos is a favorite island for me. What I like most at Aeolis hotel is the warm hospitality, the friendly personnel, and the nice and clear rooms. It is located very close to some nice traditional restaurants and the town.
I really appreciate also the free transfer from the port. Really value for money!
Thank you Nikos and Stavros-I will be back in the near future.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nikolaos N
Reviewed 21 February 2013

I had the same problem as another reviewer below. I was aware of the fact that, even in the summer the winds can blow hard enough to cancel ferries, so I always use a greek travel agent, in case I need to change plans. I booked a stay at the hotel, and paid a one night deposit, but the winds came up and our ferry was cancelled. The hotel said that's too bad, and would not return my deposit. If the boats aren't running, then the people there were stuck where they were, just like I was. I don't know this, but they may well have charged both those who stayed over, and me for the same room. I just stayed where I was, cut Milos out of my plans, didn't want to give them any more of my money. Sifnos was glad to get my money.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2012

We've spent a week in this hotel. The rooms are big enough, with all necessery equipment and a small kitchen. Beds are big enough. It was very clean, the towels used to be changed every day. Internet didn't work that well. They serve breakfast as well, (so far we heaven't ate there, cause we like to try different restaurants) and as I remarked they had always lots of people, which means that it is not bad. The place is quiet as well, far away from traffic street, but close enough to center that evenings we could walk without using our motorbike.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank MoiCoquine
Reviewed 16 September 2012

The managment only thinks in money terms and how to earn most possible, not on how to serve customers when in need.
I had booked 4 nights at this hotel and was already on another island when the strong winds started in Cyclades, the boat I was supposed to take to go to Milos had cancelled the trip and I was stranded on Folegandros island. Contacted the hotel to inform them that due to the bad weather conditions I could not reach the island and I would try to come the next day, if there was a boat travelling, but the only reaction I've got was that I had to pay for this night I didn't show up, as it was my fault that the boat didn't reach the port. They didn't show any humanity or sympathy to find a solution. Nothing more to say. Not serviceminded at all. I finally went to the island 2 days later but I prefered not to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Vasso J
StavrosMilos, Manager at Hotel Aeolis, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2013

Our question is how were able to mark our hotel with out first paying a visit. These fact shows how inconsiderate your estimation was. I hope you realize that a website that works like that cannot be considered realiable.We would also like to inform you that we never got any money from your travel agency.Propably travel agency used the name of our hotel to deceive you. Let us say that we have been the only ones to note be put the blame on.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Adamas
Santa Maria Village
#1 of 1 in Paleochori
Giannis Hotel Apartments
Giannis Hotel Apartments
#11 of 17 in Adamas

Been to Hotel Aeolis? Share your experiences!