“A beautiful hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Adamas
Trondheim, Norway
“A beautiful hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2012

This was our first trip to Milos and i don't think we could have found a better hotel than Santa Maria Village.
It is perfectly situated on Milos, only a few minutes walk to Adamas center.
The hotel is really beautiful, both the rooms and the pool area, and the breakfast every morning was good.
And the all of the hosts, from the owners to the people in the bar, were superfriendly and service set. If we had any questions or wanted to rent a car, they helped us at once.
It's really a hotel were you feel relaxed.
Thank you for a nice stay and we hope to visit you hotel again!

regards
Fredrik, Gry, Kenneth and Håvard

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank frestro79

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Greek first
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2012

We found Santa Maria village very welcoming and relaxing, largely because of the friendly staff and the informal atmosphere. The view, pool and surrounds were beautiful. I could have moved in and lived there. So lovely to have breakfast outside under the vines. We had a car which helped, as I don't think there was any room service. The girl at the bar hardly understood us, but it added to the charm. Our upstairs room had 2 bedrooms and a spacious living area. I would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Anna B
Scotland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2012

I wish tht the owner had arranged beforehand to pick us up at the ferry, as we paid 7 euros for a taxi to travel a very short distance.

We had a pleasant upstairs room with good views over the pool, countryside and sea, but it was like a wind tunnel and we had to keep the doors closed all the time (and the aircon on) to avoid loud banging doors. Most of the hotel grounds felt rather 'raw' and new - more trees around the pool would have softened the surroundings and provided much needed shade. The pool was good and the breakfast (outside in a pleasant tree-shaded courtyard) was good. The distance to Adamas centre was further than expected - a good 15 minute walk.

However, the thing that spoilt the whole 5 day visit for us was the behaviour of the poolside bar attendant, Dimitra. The first afternoon I asked for a cup of tea - not possible. I had to go to reception and a cup of tea was eventually brought. Next morning down to the pool and I asked for coffee - again not possible. Again I had to go to reception, where I was told that the girl was new and hadn't yet been trained to heat the water! I went back to the poolside where Dimitra and her 5 young boy friends had very loudly taken over the pool and jacuzzi. Dimitra was kissing and cuddling and jacuzzying with no concern for the guests at all. When I expressed my disapproval, one of her boy friends told me that this was how things were run in Greece. We ended up clearing our own cups and saucers from the small table and taking them back to the bar. I was tempted to go and complain about the situation, but I didn't want to spoil my holiday by creating an atmosphere whenever I went to the poolside.

I am amazed that, if she was new, no-one was supervising her at all. Her unchecked behaviour indicates a lack of good management. It completely coloured our view of the hotel and means that we would never return.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank HeckyScotland
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2012

We arrived here after 36 hours in transit and were so pleased. We stayed for 4 nights in total. The hotel has a spectacular view of Adamas as it's a bit higher on the hill. This does mean it's a short walk to the main Port for restaurants/supermarket etc, but it's only 5 minutes or so and does give you the feeling of an infinity pool as you sit in it and overlook the city.

The Village itself is beautifully maintained and is so quiet - all you hear are birds and church bells in the morning. The pool is lovely and the staff at reception and the bar are incredibly friendly and helpful - nothing is too much trouble. The breakfast buffet is extensive and fresh, plus has a lovely area to eat in with a few resident cats to keep you company.

Our room was the basic room and was very clean (and cleaned every day with fresh towels etc) on our arrival. The bed/pillows were pretty basic, we should have asked for extra pillows but kept forgetting. There was a fridge but no tea/coffee facilities. They provided bottled water on our arrival, as well as a honeymoon welcome gift of champagne and local jam which was nice. We were on the ground floor so no such 'view', but we were shaded by olive trees and had a little outdoor setting that was surrounded by plush grass and a view of the ocean from one side. If we had our choice again, we probably could have chosen the rooms that overlook the pool and have the view to the hills or the Port, however, we spent little time in our room anyway - the island of Milos is easy to get around in a hire car and has lots of great eateries and beaches to visit. These were mainly recommended to us by Sophia and Ilyas at the hotel who really made our stay feel extra special.

Room Tip: Rooms on second floors or overlooking the pool would have a better view. All rooms would be very qu...
2 Thank Danica T
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2012

nice hotel, nice view, beautiful pool, large bedrooms, beautiful view from de room, the manager help us with all our questions, rent a car, beaches, restaurants. Close to the city of adamas and port. Easy walking. Everything was nice. I only think that the transfer from port to the hotel could be free like in anothers island we stayed.

2 Thank BlogLoucosPorViagem
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2012 via mobile

We stayed in Milos for a few nights (in Adamas and Pollonia) and we loved staying here. Great location a short walk from the tavernas of Adamas, really spacious room with a massive balcony overlooking the bay.

But most of all, the staff are really friendly and happy to help with any need you may require - our ferry was cancelled due to bad weather and they helped out immeasurably. Picked us up from the dock, we got the same room as before and even gave us a lift back the next day when the ferry came. Cannot recommend them enough.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Lennyandcarl23
Zurich, Switzerland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2012

I ended up on Milos minus my travel buddy (unexpectedly). Was picked up from the ferry and deposited at the hotel. Management was adequate but not overly helpful in suggesting activities or places to eat. The hotel was a bit of a hike from the main town . . . fine for a gentle saunter during the day but coming back alone at night through an unlit alley and track was a little daunting. At times I had to use my mobile phone as a torch!

Breakfast was adequate, although I couldn't comment on the service at the hotel, because I was really left to my own devices. The room was fine, although the bathroom was very small. The balcony had a lovely view over the pool and harbour.

I hired a car while I was there and explored the island's many beaches. I had initially chosen Milos as an island to just chill out on and relax, thinking that I would be sharing the experience with a friend. However, it's probably not a place I would recommend for a solo traveller as there isn't a lot to do when you have a lot of time on your own to fill. Interestingly even at the beginning of September it was difficult to find a boat tour or cruise.

When hiring a car, beware that the car is provided with an empty tank (different from other countries I've done this in). It's a bit of a scam because you must then estimate how far you are going to travel and fill the tank accordingly. I'm guessing most people over-estimate and of course take the car back with a lot more petrol in it than initially provided with.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank julieg73
Also consider these accommodations in or near Adamas
Psaravolada Resort
#5 of 7 in Pollonia
Nefeli Sunset Studios
Nefeli Sunset Studios
#2 of 7 in Pollonia

Been to Santa Maria Village? Share your experiences!