“Amazing Hotel and amazing service!”

Belvedere Santorini
Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Firostefani
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Santorini itself its spectacular, especially if you go with your partner! The sunrise and sunset are a dream!

Hotel Belvedere was beautiful, modern architecture, cool pool with a PERFECT view for the sunset and the service was amazing! Especially the bartender "Alina" or her real name "Ariana", she is 21 years old and local. She had the most perfect attention to my wife and I, thanks to her our experience was memorable, by bringing us breakfast to the room (when we were supposed to get it in the rest area), free shots before leaving to town, etc!

Great experience, great city!

Room Tip: Honestly to spend money on a fancy room, go for the cheapest one, as you will spend all day on the p...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bzambranog

Reviewed 26 August 2012

Unfortunately, the Belvedere Santorini managed to ruin 1/3 of my stay in Santorini. As you will see in many of the reviews, they have an issue with delivering the room that you book. I'll try to be objective in my review, but unfortunately they screwed up my visit and managed the problem very poorly.

After a fantastic 6-day stay at the Semeli Hotel in Mykonos with 19 friends celebrating my 40th birthday, I booked a restful escape in Santorini with my boyfriend. My two thoughts when looking for a hotel were infinity pool and a romantic room with a view of the Caldera. I decided to spend more money than in Mykonos to secure the romantic, restful stay and booked the balcony room at the Belvedere Santorini.

When we arrived at the Belvedere, we noticed that the arrival/check in process was not for a 4-star hotel (more like a 2-star hostel), but the view of the Caldera had us mesmerized.

Unfortunately they gave us an internal dark room, with windows facing a hallway and did not say a single word about our reservation. I was shocked and embarrased in front of my boyfriend (who was expecting this romantic getaway). Imagine a couple having a romantic getaway looking at a hallway with all the other hotel guests walking by and looking inside. Un-be-lie-va-ble!

I went back to reception to ask what happened and they said: "oh, we don't have rooms with views today, but don't worry you'll be fine. we'll do better tomorrow. we'll give you a suite." I was livid. I tried to connect unsuccesfully connect with Expedia to sort things out. I only had 3 days in Santorini and one day was already lost sorting out the room. I missed the sunset and finally managed to go out to dinner to forget the screw up.

The next day they showed us the promised suite. It was not in the hotel. There is a another property right above with new apartments (but no hotel service), where they tried to place us. That was not what I booked. Finally I was able to connect with Expedia and they refunded us the money. Belvedere charged us for the one night in the cheaper room and we left.

By the way, there's a reason you're doing your research in advance. When you arrive at your destination, you want to enjoy your vacation, not spend time finding another hotel with limited resources. Not having a local phone is a big complication and also hotels don't show on the internet their last minute availability. So if you find an alternative and you call, they may have no rooms available!!! Be careful!!!!! It seems to be a common issue in Santorini. (Some people being dissappointed with their rooms).

We were lucky enough to find an amazing Honeymoon Suite at the Homeric Poems hotel next door. It was paradise!!!! Amazing service, beautiful property! We were able to recover the lost time and enjoy our last two days in Santorini.

So if you're looking at the Belvedere Santorini, I would say the property is nice. The location is amazing. The pool is ok. Breakfast is very basic for the boutique place they aspire to be. I'm guessing that if you get a room with a view of the Caldera, you would get a good deal (if you're ok with limited service). But you are risking that they will screw up and not care about your stay. So book here at your own risk!!!!

Room Tip: Stay away from the inside rooms! Depressing and dark!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank DanielM1972
Reviewed 13 August 2012

I have just come back from the greec islands that i think are the best place for beach vacation.
Anyway for a few days i have experienced the Santorini Belvedere hotel and to be honest i dont think that the price per night is worth compared to what the hotel has to offer. The staff are very kind and helpfull But breakfast is very poor, only 3 people that do everything in the hotel . You pay for your shuttle. No restaurant in the hotel and they call themselves a 4 stars where as some other very highly reputed 5 stars hotels in mykonos at the same period charge the same price for a totally different and higher kind of service.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Malak M
Reviewed 11 August 2012

We had a truly unforgettable honeymoon! We were spoilt with amazing views of the caldera, beautiful sunsets every evening and every comfort you would expect from a luxurious hotel. We booked a sea view room which was lovely, although it was right next to Reception and not as private as we had hoped. We asked the desk if we could swap to another room as we were on our honeymoon and Nikos kindly agreed to upgrade us to one of their best suites with private balcony. It was perfect and we were truly grateful for Nikos' kind hospitality! The pool was luxurious, we spent almost every day lounging on day beds by the pool, and never had a problem getting a day bed as there were plenty for all guests.

There is so much to see and do with lively Fira closeby and Oia a short bus ride away or a 3 hour walk for the adventurous as Nikos suggested! We chose to take Nikos' advice and walk the long trek to Oia and we were not disappointed. It was well worth the hike, with the spectacular views of the sea and mountains as our backdrop.

The staff were always very friendly and the room was kept very clean during our stay. If there is one area we could criticise it would be the lack of in house restaurant. While there was food available to order from the bar, it was quite overpriced for what you got. Needless to say, it helped us to get out and discover nearby Fira, with its busy laneways and many greek taverns.

All in all Belvedere hotel delivers as a luxury hotel for couples seeking a romantic escape.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bloominhappy
Reviewed 4 August 2012

The view from the pool/breakfast area is absolutely breathtaking. When we arrived we were put in a room right next to reception, however when we booked, we booked on the basis that we would have a private balcony as per the website. When we approached them about this, they said the only other option was to move to an internal room for one night and then a view room for the remaining two nights. This was fairly disappointing considering how much we paid to stay here, so my advice would be to be very clear when you book at the hotel that you want a private balcony view room for the entire stay. Other than this, the stay was great, its in a great location, close to everything, but still in a quite section. The cocktails by the pool were great and very reasonably priced, and the view is worth the stay alone. Santorini is an amazing island which really does look like the postcards.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2012

This marks the fifth hotel on our UK and Europe trip, and over all I'm extremely happy with our stay here. On arrival, the man (think he's the manager) in the office was very friendly and got us checked in quickly even though our flight had us here before 10am. I found our room and the hotel grounds to look on pair with their web site. Our room had plenty of space, was clean and very comfortable with a stunning view. The pool/bar area is very nice, with almost endless views, it really is breathtaking. This is also where breakfast is served in the mornings. The main pool/bar lady (Alana) was really helpful with anything we needed to know and was lovely with the kids staying at the hotel. We stayed for five nights in late July 2012 (I'm typing this six hours before I leave the hotel for the air port) in a Junior Suite.

Room Tip: Of the 15 standard rooms, I believe one 5 have views, if having a view from the room is a must, book...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2012

This hotel is exquisite! It is modern, white, clean, spacious and charming. It sits on the side of the island with views of Oia, ocean, islands and volcano. The balconies have glass walls so that the view is uninterrupted. The staff was very kind and helpful. The pool cabanas are relaxing and and the hotel even offered a free bottle of wine to the newlyweds in our group. The location was perfect for exploring Santorini and the sunset views are spectacular. The internet was complimentary.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank airunz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Firostefani
Ira Hotel & Spa
#6 of 22 in Firostefani
Lilium Villas
Lilium Villas
#7 of 81 in Fira

Been to Belvedere Santorini? Share your experiences!