The good: Great location. It's in Fira Stefani, which is about a 10-15 minute walk downhill to Fira town. This is good, because it is quieter, and probably cheaper - and not a bad walk along the caldeara. (no Heels in Fira!) There are also several restaurants within 5 minutes and a market if you don't want to go into Fira town, as well as a bus station. The views are fantastic. The pool is one of the largest (from what I could tell) on the Caldera (cliff side) - about 20 metres long, with plenty of sun beds. The staff was also very helpful - with cars, hotel and taxi bookings, maps - everything. We found that the shower nozzle in our bathroom was broken upon arrival - they had it replaced within 45 minutes! Very friendly bar and breakfast staff also. The breakfast was good - hot eggs, fresh tomato & cucumber, bacon and sausage, cereals, croissants, fruit, yogurt, coffee. Could be a little nicer, but plenty of food.
The bad: The rooms could be updated, a lot. The beds are standard-european firm, but the bedding linens are a bit shabby. Likewise, the towels (both bathroom and pool) could be nicer. Likewise, the drain in the shower did not seem to work properly and the hair dryer kept breaking. For the price, I would expect nicer.
Still, based on the pool alone, I would recommend this place for couples and friends. I would not recommend this hotel for families. There is no kid pool - only a slightly shallower end. Also, due to the compact size of the hotel, there is not much room for children to run around, thus, unless your children are VERY well behaved, you will probably get mean looks frm the honeymoon/anniversary couples. However, they have a sister hotel (Miramar?) that is very nice on the beach and has several pools suitable for children.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belvedere is located in Fira, the beautiful and vibrant capital of Santorini. Suites build with respect to the Aegean architecture including the latest and the finest amenities, promising you to pass the more relaxing and calmness vacations during your visit to the unique one travelers’ destination; Santorini Island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Agoda, Odigeo, Bookgreece.com, Prestigia, LoveHolidays, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Belvedere Santorini reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belvedere Santorini Hotel Firostefani
- Belvedere Santorini Firostefani