Ikastikies
Reviewed 2 April 2013

I travel about 10-12 times a year mostly short excursions within Asia. This is my first ever trip to Europe (excl. Britain). My stay in Santorini has been my best experience yet in terms of the room's design, the view from the hotel, and the hospitality I've received during my stay.

Let's start with the design. Most hotels hire professional photographers to take photos that create expectations which couldn't be matched when you see the real thing; or that by the time you visit the wear and tear is quite apparent. Not so with this hotel. The real thing is as good as you see in the photos. Since the pictures sell themselves already that's all I'm going to say about the design.

The view from the hotel, equally, is great. It overlooks the cliff and ocean with a beautiful sun set view. Now many people say Oia is the place to see sunset. I haven't seen it but I was pretty impressed with the view from Fira already.

George, the owner of the hotel, is the example by which any 6 star hotel should follow. Either we're lucky or everyone knows everyone else in Santorini, but even though we just picked a taxi at random to take us to the hotel, for some reason the taxi driver called George and he was there to greet us at the car park, which is about a minute walk away from his hotel. We're taken aback initially when George started taking our luggages from us - we weren't expecting him there at all. Anyways after he took us in he introduced us to the rest of his gang. He assured us that since it's a family operation we're in safe hands in terms of our valuables.

George has offered us a free upgrade from a 2-person bedroom to a 4. He showed us both and let us decide. We took up his generous offer to stay at the bigger room but we'd just have been happy with the original. George is cheerful, energetic and very helpful. He makes foreigners in a foreign country feel very welcome. He told us that he treats his customers like how he wants to be treated when he's travelling to a foreign country and it shows.

Breakfast is included. It includes bread, some greek pastries, cold cuts, juice/coffee/tea, and omelette (essentially scrambled eggs with cheese and tomatoes). George brings it in himself and introduces us to each item in the breakfast. His introduction makes the food taste better already.

The room comes with free internet. Depending on where you are in the room the reception might not be good. However, at a place like I shouldn't be spending my time surfing anyways so I think it's a blessing in disguise.

Because I wasn't feeling very well I used up a whole roll of toilet paper the first night. He automatically put an extra roll there the second day. That shows care.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 March 2013

Most AMAZING place i have ever stayed... George and Sophie are beautiful people.Their service was FANTASTIC. The view was breathtaking. The location was great, 10 min walk to Fira and what a beautiful walk it was. Very very clean and very comfortable. Wouldn't stay anywhere else, can't wait to go back :-))))

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank LoveSan2rini
Reviewed 12 February 2013

This boutique hotel was breathtaking. Great views great architecture and design. The rooms were very spacious and had luxurious bathrooms. Plenty of towels, toiletries, and a wonderful breakfast prepared by the management/owners. The couple who owns and runs this hotel is very friendly and helpful and makes sure you have everything you need. They plan excursions and can tell you the best restaurants to dine.

Room Tip: All rooms have views of the ocean and are excellent.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank VinoVixen1111
Reviewed 4 February 2013

Ikastikies Suites is outstanding luxury accommodation on the island of Santorini in Greece. Not only are the views and decor outstanding, the service is of 7-star standard. The very friendly and accommodating staff go above and beyond to ensure your stay is comfortable and pleasurable. Whether it is breakfast brought to you while sitting at the pool or on your balcony, catamaran sailing around the island or dinner reservations (George is happy to arrange deliveries to your suite), Ikiastikies staff arrange everything upon request ensuring all services are of the highest standard whilst insisting: "You are here to relax. Enjoy the view of the caldera and leave the rest to us". I highly recommend Ikastikies for anyone traveling to Santorini who enjoys high standard accommodation and, if you are a honeymooner or someone who is looking for complete privacy, be sure to enquire about George's newest project - a luxury home on the island complete with jacuzzi, spectacular views and the exceptional personal service George and his staff provide. Would I stay there again? In Firostefani, I wouldn't stay anywhere else!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Renee I
Reviewed 25 October 2012

We just come back from Greece where we spent 2 days in Athens (for business) and 4 wonderful days in Santorini at Ikastikies. I have read yesterday the 56 comments written on this hotel and I can for sure confirm that they are all true !!!! Except one who was disappointed (well, yes, there is always one to complain ;).
Ikastikies was recommended by one customer based in Athens so we decided to go even if formerly we wanted to stay in Oia. No regret at all, on the contrary! Georgios and his sister are absolutely unbelievable! So there's nothing else to say except that if you read all the comments you will understand how exceptional your stay at Ikastikies can be. It's the perfect romantic place so book without any doubt or hesitation. We will come back for sure!

Room Tip: Thanks to many circumstances (and prayers to Greek Gods ;o) we were upgraded in the "Spilia&quo...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2012

This was my first trip to Santorini and I could not have picked a better place to stay on the island. It was truly amazing and the PERFECT location in Firostefani. Firostefani is walking to distance to Fira as well as Imerovigli. Oia is a beautiful hike, boat ride or quick bus/moped/ATV/car ride away. I did the 2 hour hike and enjoyed every minute of it.

What makes Ikastikies great is many different things! The views are breathtaking, including the sunset. The suites are beautifully done and I loved that there are only 4 suites which makes it such a comfortable and personal place to stay. We stayed in the Roza suite which was fantastic with so much space, very comfortable beds, and a HUGE bathroom with two rain showers!! It was simply wonderful. A delicious spread is served for breakfast every morning. We ate out on the patio taking in the incredible view. An assortment of delicious pastries, unmatchable greek yogurt, cheeses,veggies, and perfectly made omlet with fresh orange juice and great coffee! Now, I cannot leave out the most important part..... the hospitality, helpfulness and friendliness of the staff including George, the owner of Ikastikies. I miss George's big smile and warm greeting every day. I will without a doubt go back to Ikastikies when I visit Santorini again!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 September 2012

Get ready to be spoilt rotten by the owner himself, George. From the moment you arrive for every bit of your needs, George is there to offer advise and help.
Only four suites here and it makes it so much better. The personalized service, great food, fantastic view, superb amenities and the exclusivness of it all makes the stay one to remember.
Located a short walk away from the main town of Fira and near some great restaurant like Mama Thira, Ikastikies scores five stars for its location.
We stayed in the Spilia suite with two bedrooms and its own private suite and booked an all terraine vehicle to view the island , all on advise from George and what a great idea!
The town is easy to locate, being on the one and only main road, and offers the best view of the sunset.
Dont miss a boat ride on the caldera as well as a visit to the various art shops and galleries that dot the island mostly all a short walk from the hotel.
All in all had a memorable holiday with some great pics and some unforgettable views.

Room Tip: If you have the budget go for the spilia suite with its own pool. Lounging at ur own pool in the aft...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple