“superb old greek restaurant quality food”
Review of Aktaion

Aktaion
Ranked #6 of 20 Restaurants in Firostefani
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: This restaurant is also by a small parking area just off the Oia road, and has a sunset view of the caldera.
Reviewed 1 July 2014

a truly great old restaurant which serves superb food apparently the oldest family restaurant in santorini best to book here as it gets very busy great service and a good view

Reviewed 25 June 2014

We decided to try a late dinner at this restaurant, after watching the sunset from a neighbouring bar. The two very hard working waiters were charming and helpful. The interior is quaint, and typically Greek. Several outside tables have a great view over the sea and volcano. We tried two dishes: marinated chicken and marinated pork . Both were tasty. as was the salad for starter. The house wine was good, and the whole experience was excellent. The restaurant is situated a short walk north of Fira, in the square by the church.
Based on our pleasant experience we made a second visit a couple of days later. Unfortunately this second visit had a few issues. In fairness to the restaurant we will cover this in a separate review.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

On our first visit, five years ago, we learned about this wonderful small place. This time, when we arrived (at 1 am) we strolled down to be sure it was still there. It is that special. We ate lunch here three out of four days. What more to say? It is adorable, it is authentic, it has been here for at least 90 years....it is most reasonably priced for some of the best food we have eaten here. One day I had phyllo filled with local cheese, yoghurt, almonds, in sweet tomato sauce. I said to Ivan (our dear server, each time; Colin Farrell look-alike!) "this is possibly the most delicious thing I have eaten." Each day, an after-meal drink "from the house"; on our last day, Ivan shared one with us and hugged us. Massas (hope that's right), Ivan! We sat at the very same table each time, we were made to feel special and welcome, it was perfect. Don't miss this.

Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

I was only in town four days but, after eating at marginal or worse restaurants, I finally ate here. It was so good for lunch that I came back for dinner.

Excellent customer service and very personable, even by the high Greek standards. The Greek salad was excellent for the lunch and the lamb was a little dry but I think the Greeks, like the Italians, prefer their meat overcooked. Although they don't do the same thank with their seafood, which is nice.

The desserts were very good as well. I'd highly recommend this restaurant.

White Listed.

White Listed = I'll Go Back
Black Listed = I'll Never Go Back
Gray Listed = 1 More Chance

Reviewed 21 June 2014

We were looking for a good restaurant with decent prices and that's exactly what we got. At first we saw many others restaurants with spectacular view, but their prices also included the view. We opted for that restaurant and the food was so good and you could still enjoy a little bit of the view seating outside.