“Great Italian Restaurant ”
Review of Il Cantuccio

Il Cantuccio
Ranked #17 of 18 Restaurants in Firostefani
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great Italian Restaurant ”
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

After our first visit we couldn't wait to return! By far the pizzas here are the best on Santorini and the mussels were perfectly cooked. Very reasonably priced and the staff were utterly charming. We'll definitely be back!

• Greek first
Melbourne, Australia
“Great pizza”
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had pizza twice from this restaurant while in Santorini. It is very authentic italian, just like being in Italy. My wine wasn't the best but didn't affect our experience. I highly recommend this restaurant, a nice change from the islands authentic cuisine.

Rome/Thessaloniki/NY
“Love this place”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Each time I visit Santorini I come to this restaurant. Although there may be no view to enjoy the food itself exceeds any necessity for a view! Yes the staff may have a bit of an attitude and you may need to wait a bit for food to be served but the food is fantastic. We loved the pizza so much we even took one take away with us on our flight!

• Visited August 2013
Ocean Grove, Australia
“Fabulous Italian food”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

I have visited Il Cantuccio on three separate visits to Santoriri. We make a point of visiting this restaurant at least twice on each visit. My friend and I have absolutely loved the food here, indulging in pasta, pizza and salad. The service has always been exceptional. Looking forward to next time!

• Visited October 2013
Bradenton, Florida
“As with most European and south European restaurants... a crap shoot”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We got our pizza as a pickup from here, because we stayed very, very close. The first time, the pizza had good toppings, good flavor and we got a couple of sides of bread and salad with it. The second time, pizza was not as good, but they might have been busy. Overall, a good approximation to what you would get in Italy and a pleasant wait staff and kitchen staff. European restaurants are very interesting: honestly, especially in Southern Europe, a lot of them have an anti American stigma/prejudice, so the best policy is to be polite, pleasant, enjoy your time and remember that you are on vacation. If your schedule is so tight that you need to be somewhere, pick a fast food place, eat from a street vendor or make more room to enjoy your time :) As people mentioned, there is no view, as there is a big wall that obstructs your view of the caldera, but you can people watch, as its on the main "street" that goes through Firostefani.

• Visited June 2013