This review is long overdue. I stayed at Dana Villa in May last year and it was a great choice indeed. From Dana Villa, you get an unobstructed view of the ocean and caldera irrespective of which room you are in as the electric cables are done underground unlike many other hotels and villas on the cliff. The view is majestic and most days there, I was perfectly happy to watch the sunset from my terrace at Dana. I stayed in the traditional suite. It's not big but of a decent size and has a loft which accommodates the sleeping area. The dining area and the pool is on the lower level whereas the reception is on the upper level (nearer to the street that takes you down to Fira) - in between, there are just loads of steps. Steps are a common feature on the island especially on the cliff side - your daily workout sorted without a trip to the gym! You'll need that workout after all the good food you'll be consuming there. Breakfast selection at Dana was good. While I was there, Athina was on duty most days - always smiling and chatty to every guest; nothing was too much for her. I had dinner there a few evenings too. Nicko, the chef always found time to come out and say hi. His shrimp saganaki is my personal favorite and one of the best I've tasted on the island - don't forget to leave the shrimp heads for the cats!
It only takes about 15mins by foot to get to Fira from Dana Villa; relatively close to the town centre but far enough from the hustle and bustle. Will not hesitate to stay at Dana Villa again should my travel brings me back to Santorini.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dana Villas in Santorini ...Imagine a quiet setting, a beautiful view, and a traditional settlement cascading down the Santorini caldera .. and all this just a few minutes away from the bustling island capital, Fira. Dana Villas offers luxurious suites and an open air swimming pool on the dramatic Santorini caldera. Breathtaking views of the volcano and the magnificent Santorini sunset make it hard to part with the magic of Dana Villas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dana Villas Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dana Villas Hotel Firostefani
- Dana Villas Santorini
- Dana Villas Hotel & Suites Santorini/Firostefani