“Nice Family Tavern” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Simos Taverna

Simos Taverna
Ranked #9 of 17 Restaurants in Firostefani
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Cheap Eats, Romantic, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Hamburg
“Nice Family Tavern”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

If you stay in firostefani, visit Simon. Staff is really very friendly and nice. Food is good, its nice that you can see the starters on a plate before you get to order.

Try to get a table on the terrace...

Really fair prices, but a little bit touristy.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Yelverton, United Kingdom
“Good quality, genuine Greek food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

The food was really good authentic Greek and the prices are reasonable. The lamb-in-the-oven is to die for. We would certainly go there again.

Visited June 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

We were recommended to visit by our hotel and decided to head out to them on our first evening. We were greeted by a very friendly waiter, who brought out a whole tray of starters to show us what was available. I chose the aubergine and my husband the mushrooms, both of which were delicious. Next I had a lovely home cooked moussaka and salad and my husband the fish, which the waiter recommended. It was beautifully prepared and my husband was delighted with his choice. We drank local wine, which was a little too like retsina for my taste, but my husband liked it. The waiters were chatty and tolerated our pathetic attempts to try out our Greek on them. We were also given free dessert. For the meal and wine including a second jug, we paid €62 which was very good value for Fira. We look forward to returning later in the week.

1 Thank limenaria
Los Angeles, California
“Memorable experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Had a great time watching the World Cup game and eating great food at this restaurant! The staff was so friendly and playful, and the food was tasty and fresh. We were tired after a long day of sightseeing, but we felt right at home at this restaurant! Definitely a meal we will not forget!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“A little piece of Greek heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

What a place, what a food, what a service.

First, the atmosphere - like a traditional and cozy Greek home. You're welcomed warmly and sincerely, you enjoy the friendly and genuine Greek hospitality.

The food. Mixed grill plate for two: reasonable priced, versatile and tasty mix of different kinds of meat, vegetables and fried potatoes. Got so overloaded, it was difficult to walk back to the hotel.

Tuna fillet: a pure pleasure. Grilled, beautiful fillets (2 of them) of tuna, fried potatoes and carrots. It was the best tuna I've eaten.

Beef steak: size of a plate, grilled steak, fried potatoes and carrots. I was told by the eater it was absolutely fabulous.

And the tzatsiki was also the best I've eaten. Ever.

Then the service. Very seldom you get so friendly and personal service you just have to go back. I feel bad I can't remember the gentleman's name who served us, but he's just a character you cannot forget. He's a wonderful and funny guy who makes the customer feel herself special. The young boy was also special and took very good care of us.

Overall, a great great place with a big and warm heart! And the bill - unbelievably small :)