“Good local food in Firostefani”
Review of Simos Taverna

Simos Taverna
Ranked #8 of 20 Restaurants in Firostefani
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Good food, fair prices in this local restaurant in Firostefani. Easy to get to, on the road between Firostefani and Fira. Friendly service, good local food selection, and fair prices. I go here often with my local Greek friends.

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

If you stay in firostefani, visit Simon. Staff is really very friendly and nice. Food is good, its nice that you can see the starters on a plate before you get to order.

Try to get a table on the terrace...

Really fair prices, but a little bit touristy.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

The food was really good authentic Greek and the prices are reasonable. The lamb-in-the-oven is to die for. We would certainly go there again.

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

We were recommended to visit by our hotel and decided to head out to them on our first evening. We were greeted by a very friendly waiter, who brought out a whole tray of starters to show us what was available. I chose the aubergine and my husband the mushrooms, both of which were delicious. Next I had a lovely home cooked moussaka and salad and my husband the fish, which the waiter recommended. It was beautifully prepared and my husband was delighted with his choice. We drank local wine, which was a little too like retsina for my taste, but my husband liked it. The waiters were chatty and tolerated our pathetic attempts to try out our Greek on them. We were also given free dessert. For the meal and wine including a second jug, we paid €62 which was very good value for Fira. We look forward to returning later in the week.

1  Thank limenaria
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Had a great time watching the World Cup game and eating great food at this restaurant! The staff was so friendly and playful, and the food was tasty and fresh. We were tired after a long day of sightseeing, but we felt right at home at this restaurant! Definitely a meal we will not forget!