My husband and I stayed at this hotel in early June for 3 nights in the suite called the House of Sea. (It's the least expensive.) We simply loved it. It's right on the caldera and the views from the pool and lounge deck were amazing. Everything was impeccable. Our suite was very comfortable with a king size bed, living room and bathroom. Also the room was filled with original artwork and historical artifacts with a nautical theme which were beautiful and very interesting. One thing to note is that this is an old historical mansion - so it's not ultra modern - but everything was in great condition and very clean and stylish. The daily breakfast was also fabulous with croissants and rolls, a few kinds of jelly, the most delicious yogurt we've ever had, meats and cheeses, cereal and coffee and you can order free extras like eggs. All of this would have earned the hotel 5 stars from me. However what really set it apart was the spectacular service that was offered. George runs the small boutique hotel with so much love and enthusiasm. We felt that he was personally invested in us having a great time in Santorini, and he worked with us to plan each of our days. George booked us with a great catamaran tour. He also suggested a great driving route around the island and had the car rental company come to us to make the arrangements. He also had great restaurant and attraction recommendations. We took all of his suggestions and were not disappointed. All in all, I highly recommend this hotel. After looking at so many hotels in Santorini online and being shocked by the prices for what seemed like not so great accommodations, we felt that the Tsitouras collection was 100% worth the extra money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The mansion that forms the nucleus of the Tsitouras Collection was built in 1780. It was renovated in 1985 by the art collector Dimitris Tsitouras, who converted it into five units, each with a separate theme and name, all demonstrating his personal style and respect for the Greek tradition and the needs of modern travellers. Each suite has a complimentary wet bar, CD player, satellite TV, DVD, direct dial phone and safety deposit boxes. All bathrooms are in Greek white marble and fully equipped. An a-la-carte breakfast is served, and lunch and dinner are also available in this boutique hotel. In 2010, a pool was been built on the Maria Callas Terrace where guests can enjoy snacks and refreshing cocktails.Located at the quite village of Firostefani, a 10 minute walk from the main town of Fira. Easily accessible via air and boat transportation, 8 Km from Santorini airport and Athinios port. The Tsitouras Collection is a boutique small luxury hotel in Santorini, facing one of the most breathtaking views in the world. It consists of 5 suites only, each with a separate theme and name. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Prestigia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TravelUp, Bookgreece.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your The Tsitouras Collection Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tsitouras Collection Firostefani
- The Tsitouras Collection Hotel Santorini/Firostefani