My wife and I stayed at the Tsitouras Collection for 3 days and were simply floored by the owners, staff, and overall service of this marvelous hotel.
Situated at the top of Fira (Santorini's capital), this hotel offers unsurpassed views of the volcanic islands of The Caldera. We stayed in the Nureyev Suite...which has it's own private balcony...and were served a sumptuous breakfast (included) from this very spot each morning. (What a way to wake up!) Eleni Tsitoura (and her sister Chrissy) went out of their way to insure that our stay was one of a kind...they took care of our car rental, recommended and made reservations at the best restaurants on the island, and gave us the inside scoop on which beaches to visit during the day. Cocktails were served each evening to further enhance the most amazing sunsets you'll ever experience.
Yes, this hotel is pricey, and it doesn't have a pool (unless you rent the family villa), but these factors are far outweighed by the positives such as: Airport transfers to/from the hotel are included, the mini-bar is free, and CD's/DVD's are at your disposal. So, yes, we would return in a heartbeat. Privacy, attention to detail, and impeccable service go a long way in my book.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The mansion that forms the nucleus of the Tsitouras Collection was built in 1780. It was renovated in 1985 by the art collector Dimitris Tsitouras, who converted it into five units, each with a separate theme and name, all demonstrating his personal style and respect for the Greek tradition and the needs of modern travellers. Each suite has a complimentary wet bar, CD player, satellite TV, DVD, direct dial phone and safety deposit boxes. All bathrooms are in Greek white marble and fully equipped. An a-la-carte breakfast is served, and lunch and dinner are also available in this boutique hotel. In 2010, a pool was been built on the Maria Callas Terrace where guests can enjoy snacks and refreshing cocktails.Located at the quite village of Firostefani, a 10 minute walk from the main town of Fira. Easily accessible via air and boat transportation, 8 Km from Santorini airport and Athinios port. The Tsitouras Collection is a boutique small luxury hotel in Santorini, facing one of the most breathtaking views in the world. It consists of 5 suites only, each with a separate theme and name. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, MrandMrsSmith, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Bookgreece.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Tsitouras Collection Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tsitouras Collection Firostefani
- The Tsitouras Collection Hotel Santorini/Firostefani