Beyond the views that Fira and Oia are justifiably famous for, this mansion with five separate apartments/houses make a stay in Santorini even better. Perched on the cliffs of Firostefani (a good compromise location between the too-busy Fira and the out-of-the-way Oia full of tour buses midday), this is a very private, quiet, five-star place to stay. It has a very exclusive feel to it, due to the privacy and small size; it's not at all arrogant, fortunately. the free minibar reflects the attitude. We stayed in the House of the Sea, which like the other four parts of the mansion, is decorated with legitimate collector art pieces, like an original Picasso. It comprised a bedroom with a view of the sea; a living room; big bathroom; and private veranda. As great as the location and accommodations are, what really sets this place apart is the warm and generous hostess, Eleni, and the efficient but not obtrusive housemen who serve breakfast, etc. Eleni is a local who knows the island well, and she will plan your days for you, including renting cars from her finance's business (they come to the hotel to take care of the arrangements). You can spend a lot of money here, with tours, etc. Or you can just enjoy the views, the quiet, and use it as a base for exploring on your own. Only problem may be that it is so nice, you don't want to leave.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The mansion that forms the nucleus of the Tsitouras Collection was built in 1780. It was renovated in 1985 by the art collector Dimitris Tsitouras, who converted it into five units, each with a separate theme and name, all demonstrating his personal style and respect for the Greek tradition and the needs of modern travellers. Each suite has a complimentary wet bar, CD player, satellite TV, DVD, direct dial phone and safety deposit boxes. All bathrooms are in Greek white marble and fully equipped. An a-la-carte breakfast is served, and lunch and dinner are also available in this boutique hotel. In 2010, a pool was been built on the Maria Callas Terrace where guests can enjoy snacks and refreshing cocktails.Located at the quite village of Firostefani, a 10 minute walk from the main town of Fira. Easily accessible via air and boat transportation, 8 Km from Santorini airport and Athinios port. The Tsitouras Collection is a boutique small luxury hotel in Santorini, facing one of the most breathtaking views in the world. It consists of 5 suites only, each with a separate theme and name. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Bookgreece.com, Prestigia, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Tsitouras Collection Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tsitouras Collection Firostefani
- The Tsitouras Collection Hotel Santorini/Firostefani