We stayed at Villa Ilias for our wedding anniversary in Sept 2012. We were given discounted rates plus a complimentary pickup from the airport to Villa Ilias for the rooftop room. (paying cash.. it was another 5% disc). The room is quite small & compact with kitchenette BUT with private balcony overlooking the sea & caldera plus 2 private sun decks! The view frm the rooftop is magnificient ! 360 deg of santorini island plus unobstructing views of sunrise & sunset .....
Location of Villa Ilias is very quiet and peaceful yet its only 15 mins of stroll to Fira. Pebbled footpath to Fira is full of stunning views. There is a mini supermarket within 2 minutes frm the villa. Restaurants and tour agencies are of walking distance frm Villa Ilias.
Breakfast is a spread .. i luv the chez & egg pie and the peach juice. yummy !
We took the local buses to Oia & Perissa. Firostefani is very close to Imerovigli. We walked thru Imerovigli & it was fun.
Pauline & George (George Clooney lookalike) .. they are such helpful & frendly hosts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Damigos family has been a part of Santorini history for over a century. Villa Ilias is the former residence of one of our ancestors, George Ilias Damigos. It is built on this specific location to capture breathtaking views that are unique only to Villa Ilias and perched 1,000 feet above the Aegean Sea and the most famous volcano in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers and Agoda so you can book your Villa Ilias Caldera Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Ilias Hotel Firostefani
- Ilias Hotel Firostefani
- Villa Ilias Caldera Hotel Santorini/Firostefani