“Breathtaking Views”

Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Firostefani
Sydney, Australia
“Breathtaking Views”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

The views are worth a million dollars! The location is a good 10-15 minute walk to town but it is worth it and you dont notice it if you are taken away from the views! The breakfast every morning is so quaint and cute in a village-like or true greek setting as you feel like it's a cottage with great food! Room service is excellent too as they had most of the time cleaned my room by the time we had gotten back to our rooms after breakfast!
Cannot fault the service at all! I had forgotten my swimmers there and only realised after moving on to the next Greek island and they simply with no hassle or extra charge posted them to my home address to arrive one week after returning home myself! My second stay at this hotel and would go back again!

Room Tip: if you are willing to pay a little bit extra- it is worth booking the sea view rooms, as it is right...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Ipoh, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

My second stay in villa illias. Warm and friendly. George and Pauline reserved 3 double bed room with caldera view for us. Amazing!!!!!!! We enjoyed our stay so vet much! We will be back!
Thanks George & Pauline.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

We (3 couples) stayed at Villa Ilias in May for 4 days. It was great value and the best location right on the path to Fira town/port and you don't have hundreds of steps to climb up and down to reach your hotel! All our rooms had amazing views of the Caldera. Rooms weren't huge but were comfortable and spotlessly clean. Good breakfast (great yoghurt) and a different pie or cake every day. George and his wife Paula were extremely helpful and spoke perfect English. I was recommended this hotel and would not hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: Choose the "exclusive" rooms - they have the Caldera view - which is just amazing!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank debleigh272
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

For a couple days in Santorini I stayed here and it was great. The value for the view just can't be beat. Gorgeous view off the cliffs, friendly, welcoming staff, and perfect location. Not in the center of things, but a short walk to be in it if you so choose. The bathroom was a bit tight to maneuver, and the floor would get wet due to the logistics of the shower....but that is really my only complaint. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying on the island and you'll see why it was hard to leave even for a day of sightseeing.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank jsea09
Nazareth, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

I booked the hotel, according to what I read about it ..and it was true as it was described.
I think it is the perfect place to stay in while in Santorini:
It has the caldera beautiful view, located on a high point that you dont need to climb stairs in order to reach it.
It has a private free parking place.
The rooms are very very clean, and calm. The staff is friendly and helpful.
The breakfast is simple but yet fresh and tasty.
There is an outside terrace as well ,where you can eat your meal at ease.
A small but nice swimming pool.
And to me, it is located in the perect village, 15 minutes walking, away from the crowded Fira from one side, and the touristic Imerovigli from the other side.....a.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Almehmaz
Brisbane
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

We had a great stay in one of the Exclusive Rooms and I highly recommend it. The room was small but spotless and the balcony was amazing - I’d seen photos of the view a million times but when I stepped out onto that balcony my stomach dropped with amazement. The breakfast was lovely and always featured homemade options that were terrific.The service was great - we had a very early departure flight and they made sure we had breakfast delivered to our room to eat before we left and assisted us with a taxi booking. The pool area was great and although it seemed small there was always enough seating and loungers for everyone even in July. The wifi was great and worked from both the pool and our room.

Room Tip: We were very pleased that we booked the Exclusive Room with the caldera view balcony
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

For my sister and myself, the hotel provided everything could have asked for clean room, extremely helpful staff and a provided a yummy breakfast in the mornings with a wide variety of choices. Just a short walk to the town centre along the cliff face which was a spectacular view to look at for the ten minutes that it took.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Lang1011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Firostefani
Blue Dolphins Traditional Apartments
Aressana Spa Hotel and Suites
Pegasus Suites & Spa
Pegasus Suites & Spa
#15 of 48 in Imerovigli

Been to Villa Ilias Caldera Hotel? Share your experiences!