We stayed at Villa Ilias for three nights in April. We had a cave studio and it was delightful. The rest of our family was next door in a larger apartment with an adjacent patio. We watched the sunset every evening, sometimes wrapped in blankets since it was early in the season. We can't recommend this hotel enough, everything was perfect. The rooms are plain but the view and location are the best. George and his staff were wonderful, recommending places to go and things to see. Breakfast was delicious, all homemade and yummy. It is located on the main footpath to Fira and Imvoregli, and we walked everywhere. Would recommend renting a car for at least a day to see the whole island. We loved it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Damigos family has been a part of Santorini history for over a century. Villa Ilias is the former residence of one of our ancestors, George Ilias Damigos. It is built on this specific location to capture breathtaking views that are unique only to Villa Ilias and perched 1,000 feet above the Aegean Sea and the most famous volcano in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK) and Evoline ltd so you can book your Villa Ilias Caldera Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Ilias Hotel Firostefani
- Ilias Hotel Firostefani
- Villa Ilias Caldera Hotel Santorini/Firostefani