We just returned from a 12 day vacation in Greece, during which we spent 7 nights on Santorini Island, 3 nights on Paros, and 2 nights on Mykonos. In booking our accomodations, we relied heavily on Trip Advisor reviews and were not disappointed.
While in Santorini we stayed at the Villa Ilias and it was easily the highlight of our trip! George, Pauline, and Lise went out of their way to make us feel welcome, from the moment we arrived until the day we (sadly) had to leave.
If you are searching for great value, clean rooms with fantastic views, and warm hospitality, the Villa Ilias has it all. It is located in Firostefani about a 10-15 min. walk to Fira. The rooms are exceptionally clean with great views. You can enjoy the wonderful views from your balcony or from the pool area with your cocktails. If you reserve the Exclusive room, you can see almost the entire island from your balcony and the large rooftop area, as well as the sunset right on your balcony.
The hotel offers dinner to guests (you need to sign up in the lobby). We took advantage of this 6 of our 7 nights. The food is traditional Greek cooking and is absolutely fantastic! The Greek salad is to die for and the Moussaka was the best we have ever tasted.
The hotel has a breakfast which includes lots of choices. We especially enjoyed the Greek yogurt and spinach pie. There is also toast, cereal, fruit, eggs, sliced meat, cheese, and baked goods. The coffee is very good at the Villa Ilias too.
The hotel has a computer in the lobby with free internet access so you can check email, stay connected with those at home etc.
Each room has a little clothesline on the balcony which came in very handy for drying small items. There is a mini mart about a 2 minute walk away where you can get water, beer, snacks, film, etc.
In summary, the Villa Ilias met all our needs. Great location, fantastic views, very clean rooms, and above all, warm and friendly hospitality. We will definitely be returning to the Villa Ilias. (already saving my money for next year)!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Damigos family has been a part of Santorini history for over a century. Villa Ilias is the former residence of one of our ancestors, George Ilias Damigos. It is built on this specific location to capture breathtaking views that are unique only to Villa Ilias and perched 1,000 feet above the Aegean Sea and the most famous volcano in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Evoline ltd and Hotels.com so you can book your Villa Ilias Caldera Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Ilias Hotel Firostefani
- Ilias Hotel Firostefani
- Villa Ilias Caldera Hotel Santorini/Firostefani