“Fantastic View, average rooms”

Villa Ilias Caldera Hotel
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Firostefani
Reviewed 12 August 2014

The staff and the placement of the hotel is fantastic, but there was a small problem with our toilet/bathroom, it seemed that mold had set in on the wall.
The pool area was small and the sunchairs few, but what an view from the pool area, totally worth it.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DobarOslo

Reviewed 12 August 2014

I visited Santorini for the first time with my family. We couldn't find better place to stay, amazing location, comfortable cave house equipped with everything needed to make our stay wonderful. The Hotel staff excellent! helped us with everything we needed, from renting the car to the attractions. The cleaning staff, impeccable. The breakfast .... delicious!
I will not doubt any minute to return to Santorini and recommend this hotel. Our staying in Santorini has been wonderful, thanks Villa Ilias!

Room Tip: I recommend the cave house or the suit, although are not very near the swimmingpool is worth it to b...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Romina M
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I visited Santorini and stayed at Villa Ilias for a week. After searching online for months for the perfect hotel at a good price in Santorini (which is not a cheap greek island) I came across this Villa Ilias. The hotel seemed perfect, great location, breathtaking views, cosy and overall beautiful. From the beginning the communication with the owner George was great, he helped me find the perfect room for my needs. This meant getting their cave house (for 5 people), he guided me through out the way with the reservation and replied to all my questions right away.

We took the hotel transfer, which is a great option especially when you arrive at night like we did. We were greeted at the hotel and taken to our beautiful cave house. The view from the house is indescribable. You cannot believe your eyes every time you step out the door. The house is located at about 100 meters away from the main hotel premises, however that is not a problem and to be honest it gives you more privacy and peacefulness. The house is extremely spacious, it has its own kitchen, a big bathroom and a great private terrace. The terrace includes a small table with an umbrella and some chairs as well as some sun beds which is perfect when you want to have lunch or tan and enjoy the beautiful view of Firostefani. We could not have asked for more in our room (house), it was absolutely perfect.

The first morning we were greeted at breakfast by the other George and he was extremely helpful in giving us directions around the island, suggesting what to do and getting a car for us to rent. Furthermore the breakfast is very good (thanks to Maria), it is a typical Greek breakfast and has small changes daily. Overall the staff at this hotel could not be better. They are extremely helpful and nice, and were there for our needs through out our trip. They truly showed Greek hospitality and made our stay very enjoyable and easy. With them there is nothing you need to worry about, the hotel is very safe and is kept clean at all times. Apart from being such a diligent staff they had a get together night with some snacks and wine for the guests to talk to each other share the experiences as well as talk to the staff which really shows they care for their guests. You truly couldn't ask for more.

Apart from the great staff and our amazing cave house, the hotel was at a great location. Firostefani is truly a dream place. In general Santorini is such a beautiful island, but firostefani offers the best of the island as it is at a walking distance 10-15 min. from Fira (the capital) which has many restaurants and shops, yet it is good to be a bit further as you get more peace and quiet away from the busy Fira. It is also 20 min. away (by car) to Oia and about 20 min. to Kamari and other beaches. Apart from how picturesque Firostefani is (pictures don't do it justice) and how well located it is, it offers a great view of the famous Santorini sunset, whether you are staying at the cave house or the hotel rooms you get a great view every night.

I can't express how good this hotel is, I highly recommend staying here, it is truly the best place where you can stay in Santorini and offers everything you need while staying in the beautiful island! Can't wait to go back there when I'm in Santorini again.

Room Tip: The cave house is spacious and has a beautiful view!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank _Michelle_ML56
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Cannot fault Villa Ilias!! Amazing location at the top of the caldera/cliff, hence no walking up and down the steep steps to our room everyday. Incredible views from the communal pool area. My friend and I stayed in room number 7 which opened onto the pool. While there is only a slight caldera view from inside the room, we were out most of the time so it suited us just fine. The deck chairs by the pool made for a perfect setting for relaxing with a book and admiring the views. The staff were incredibly friendly - probably some of the best I've come across. They always went out of their way to help us in any way they could! Mary in particular always made us feel so welcome and comfortable; she was wonderful and gave the place such a 'homely' feeling. Perfect location - a two minute walk down the main path to cafes and restaurants with stunning views, and a 10/15 minute walk into town. As it is quite a small hotel, there were many opportunities to mingle and chat with other guests, either at breakfast or by the pool. Rooms were always clean and tidy. I will point out that our bathroom (shower in particular) was quite small however being two girls, this didn't bother us at all! Would definitely recommend and encourage anyone travelling to Fira to stay at Villa Ilias!! Three nights for us was not enough here - we didn't want to leave!

Room Tip: If you're looking for a room with a view, opt for the higher floors. Rooms by the pool are great...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Talia F
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Not a bad word to say about this hotel, perfect location, great friendly staff, great rooms. A big plus is the fact that the hotel is located up high on the cliff and hence no walking up and down the steep hill to your room like other villas in Santorini. And not to mention the staff, who are all genuinely friendly and very helpful. This place won't disappoint! A+++

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Jarro_sparrow
Reviewed 4 August 2014

My husband spent his birthday here with the most amazing views from our balcony. I believe that room #1 was the best room at the property. The staff were very helpful and it was a 15 minute walk to Fira. I enjoyed my time here, the entire Ilias Family were very warm and welcoming especially George Sr. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Room number 1 was the best!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I couldn't have dreamed of a better location on Santorini. It was on the charming footpath that led toward two different charming villages and restaurants and shops were very nearby. The property was beautiful, simple and so clean. Everything was made easy and they were extremely accommodating with excursions, recommendations and rental cars. I wish I could spend all my days here, I would highly encourage Villa Ilias as the perfect hotel.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Firostefani
Blue Dolphins Traditional Apartments
Apanemo
Apanemo
#1 of 12 in Akrotiri
Evgenia Villas & Suites

Been to Villa Ilias Caldera Hotel? Share your experiences!