“excellent hotel worths the money”
Review of Allure Suites

Allure Suites
Hong Kong, China
“excellent hotel worths the money”
Reviewed 24 January 2014

First, the hosts gave us warm-hearted welcomes from the point we booked online. Pick us up and help our luggages transfer. Detailed explanation about the place. The hotel is located within walking distance of the centre but you wont feel the noise or hectics. The room is marvellous. They gave us a free upgrade! For 200Euros it's a price unbeatable!! Spacious room, clean and neat. Fantastic view, with a private hot-tub (which has utmost privacy!!). The most salient point i must stressed is the EXCELLENT breakfast! Lots of choices of food and they're delicious! They brought the food to your balcony where you can enjoy it under the comfy sunrise! We stayed one night in Firostefani and then moved to Oia for 2 nights. What a mistake. Compared with the other 2 hotels in Oia, Allure is much much worth the money! Conclusion: MUST STAY.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LAM J

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

Like everybody else we can't say enough about how great Panos and Catorina are as hosts, they go above and beyond. You are made to feel so welcome and your preferences will be catered for. It is a great location with the bonus of both sunrise and sunset views, with ringing church bells...
We would love to go back to Santorini and if we do there is nothing but Panos and Allure for us, it is the best so stop looking and book; you won't be disappointed.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JoykieOz
Victoria,BC
Reviewed 24 September 2013

This is the place to stay on Santorini – away from the hectic tourism of Fira and Oia, yet within walking steps of amazing restaurants, and with unrivaled views you wont want to leave your room! Why stand amid the throngs of tourists for sunset views when you can enjoy them from your own Jacuzzi in complete privacy? Panos is a wealth of knowledge, and hospitable beyond belief. He awoke at 0500 hours to make us coffee and breakfast for our early morning flight, arguing it was his happiness to do so. Additionally, the bus stop is meters away to take you to other locations on the island, IF you decide to leave this paradise. In all my travels through many countries, this is the most spectacular and romantic room I can remember. Panos brings Greek hospitality to a whole new level, adding to our fond memories of this wonderful country

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Carolin L
New York City, New York
Reviewed 8 September 2013

To be honest, I was initially a little hesitant to book Allure because there were <10 reviews on TripAdvisor. However, all of the reviews were glowing and the location in Firostefani was perfect for us.

Allure Suites and in particular, Panos (the property manager), exceeded all of our expectations. Panos reached out immediately after I booked the hotel to arrange for transportation from the ferry port (this was not offered by a "5 star" hotel we stayed at right before in Mykonos), patiently waited for us to arrive at midnight after our ferry was delayed and still gave us the whole rundown of the property and amenities, and went out of his way to make sure we experienced everything that Santorini had to offer.

I'm not even sure where to start as everything was unbelievable:

Suites - double level loft-style suites that felt brand new (and it probably was built just recently, which explains the <10 reviews). Bed and pillows were incredibly comfortable. The shower pressure was great, and Korres products were provided. We also had an outdoor hot tub on the patio. The caldera view from our patio was amazing.

Location - ideal. Walkable to downtown Fira via a cliff-side walkway. ~20 minutes drive to Oia, ~20 minutes drive to southern points on Santorini (i.e. Red Beach, Akrotiri, Ancient Thera etc.). Ample free parking at the rear of the hotel.

Service - as the other reviewers have noted, Panos has all the hookups in town and will make sure you get to everything you want to do. I know other hotels will make reservations for you as well, but it seems like the relationship Panos has with the other establishments is much deeper. Example: we wanted to watch the sunset at Oia. Panos recommended a bar called Sun Spirit and made reservations at 7PM. We arrived slightly late and by that time the entire area was swarming with people, including the bar. I noticed one table that was empty, which literally had the best view in the house. And, of course, I asked the waitress and indeed it was reserved for us. Amazing. Example 2: Panos recommended dinner afterwards in Ammoudi Bay. We asked him very late so even though he got a reservation he could not guarantee a bay view table. When we got to the restaurant, we were immediately greeted, seated, served free wine, and asked if we wanted to wait a few minutes for a bay view table to open up. And sure enough after ~5 minutes we were led to a table right next to the ocean. Amazing again.

Anyways, I can go on and on about how great Allure was, but words really can't do this place justice. Do yourself a favor and book this place for your next trip - you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Kenneth Y
Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

We came to Santorini as our last stop of our trip and stayed at Allure Suites for four nights. A day before we arrived, Panos (the property manager) reached out to us to arrange pick up services from the Thira airport. When we arrived to Allure, Panos gave us a very detailed introduction to Santorini (it's history, must-see neighborhoods), he suggested different cuisines around the city (Fira, Oia, Firostefani, etc.) and popular activities. Then he took us to our room and meticulously gave us a tour of our beautiful two-floor suite. Panos offers exceptional personal services such as arranging dinner reservations to car rental pick-up/drop-off at our suite. We couldn't find our way back from Fira center to our suite on the first day and Panos came to find us and picked us up. We have stayed at many five-star hotels and we are still very impressed with Allure Suites' hospitality and attentive services. Lastly, breakfast is amazing!!!!

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank M D
Reviewed 4 September 2013

What I feared most about staying in Santorini is being placed on the hotel merry-go-round. I have heard many stories of people rocking up to the hotel they booked and paid for only to be told it was over booked but they would be placed in a nearby sister hotel instead. This happened to me when I arrived at the Belvedere despite having my travel agent confirm all was in order the day before. When they tried to give me an inferior room to the one I paid for I politely but firmly declinded to enter and insisted the porter was not to sort it out on my behalf in Greek and instead I wanted to talk to the manager myself since he spoke perfect English. As a result I was placed at the Allure for one night after which my room at the Belvedere would be ready.

Of course I was hesitant and annoyed as I was looking forward to being in one place for more than 1 night and this was the only 5 star portion of my 5 week trip......but then I arrived at Allure which was a very short stroll away and was shown my room....OMG!!! It was stunning. You can't call it a room or a suite really, villa is a much better description. The decor was neutral and refined, I had a huge king sized bed down stairs with a jacuzzi in the room, shower room for 2 people and a separate toilet. Upstairs was a lounge area and a huge patio overlooking the Agean. There were 2 LCD tv's in the villa and an iPod docking station (not suitable for the i 5 range unfortunately). If what I booked was 5 stars then this was 7!!!

Panos is the owner operator and the service he provided despite me not being a paying guest was perfect. I had breakfast brought up to my room the next day free of charge and a massage in my room (at extra cost). I lounged around for most of the day and barely left the place until it was time to check out the next day.....it was very hard to leave!!! I was after a relaxing spa break in Santorini with very little activity after a hectic 3 weeks in Turkey and Athens and this was the perfect start. I will definitely be back to Santorini and will definitely be staying at Allure suites. Highly highly recommend this place! Thank you Panos and thank you Belvedere....it will be a hard act to follow.

Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Christine A
Reviewed 31 July 2013 via mobile

We are a young Australian couple, on our last night here at the incredible Allure suites.
As our title states, this place is faultless and this is all to do with the suites manager, Panos.
Panos is nothing short of hospitality perfection. As you arrive, he takes you through the history and the different areas of the island, always accommodating and does not mind if you have a couple of hundred questions. We wanted to see the sunset from a cocktail bar in Oia (sun spirit), Panos arranged and he knew the girl who worked there so of course we had the best seats in the house for the magical sunset of Santorini. We missed the bus because of our own stupidity to Perissa, so Panos arranged for a driver (which we didnt pay for) to take us to the beach so we didnt run out of time in the day. He recommended a place for the best lemon pie in Greece (and he was correct) so he organised a reservation for dinner the next night (Aktaion - which is a short 60m walk from the suites), and of course the guy who ran the place was a friend of Panos and looked after us the whole night and we had some of the best Grecian food of our trip.
The suites are nothing short of incredible, 2 storey, double shower, air con, fantastic breakfast (which is served in your room), and the best wifi we have had on our 6 week holiday.
Staying here is a must in santorini. Panos owns a few properties over the island, so he knows what he is doing, and he has definitely nailed it with Allure.

• Stayed July 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Firostefani
Belvedere Santorini
#3 of 21 in Firostefani
Villa Ilias Caldera Hotel
Villa Ilias Caldera Hotel
#2 of 21 in Firostefani

Been to Allure Suites? Share your experiences!