“A Kind of Magic......”
Review of Homeric Poems

Homeric Poems
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Firostefani
Reviewed 22 July 2011

In one of the best locations between the busy Fira and the quite and picturesque Imerovigli lies Firostefani .
Exceptional the honeymoon suite with a pool that has its very own cave.
Unique moment a swim in the hotels pool at sunset.
Do not miss the beautiful path from Firostefani to Fira with the breathtaking caldera view.
The best thing is the path that passes through the hotel and leads at the church of St.George , the highest point of Imerovigli, where I got married.
Do not miss a relaxing walk at Oia and fish on the pier at Ammoudi.
If you like loud music and great drinks during the day go to Perissa Beach.

There are newer reviews for Homeric Poems

Reviewed 6 June 2011

The hotel is chic and stylish with an air of elegance.
Watching the sunset by the infinity pool makes our stay in Homeric Poems a memorable one!
Our room Achillies was fantastic with an awesome view of the volcano and caldera from the balcony and the bathroom.
Breakfast was good and a good variety of personalised choices to be ticked on a form to be submitted by 8pm the day before.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 November 2010

We had a fabulous stay at the Homeric Poems. It's located in a stunning location (easy walking distance into Firo), cheap bus or cab ride into Oia), is uniquely built with 'cave' hotel rooms and has wonderful staff. In reception, Kyriaki and Elena, the bartender, George, and most noticeably, the manager, Nefeli, did a wonderful job of looking after us, helping us with visiting their island - and beyond. Nefeli was outstanding in not only looking after our immediate needs at the Homeric Poems but also in making sure that the rest of our stay in Greece was a good experience. Since we obviously hadn’t planned ahead, she chatted with us, determined our budget range, time frame and interests and within 24 hours came back with suggestions for us. Nefeli had written down the names of hotels, rooms, rates, options (breakfast etc.) as well as ferry schedules, and the dates that some islands were ‘closing down’. We were given many options for finding the right Greek experience for us.
We had planned to stay for 3 nights and ended up staying for 8! Even then it was so hard to leave. This is not a large hotel - but a small, intimate, quiet and unique place to stay. Without a doubt, I recommend the Homeric Poems and look forward to future visits there.

Reviewed 27 September 2010

The staff was amazing, especially George the bartender, and the manager was fabulous as well. The room was lovely, pool was gorgeous, and the food was wonderful. We would recommend this to all.

Reviewed 14 September 2010

Breath taking pool – entire pool area is incredible (pool is inches from cliff, making the view stunning).

Picturesque facilities - hotel is absolutely lovely, capturing the charm of Santorini.

Hospitable staff - hotel hosted party for anniversary of volcano eruption that was very enjoyable.

Ideal location – just a short walk to Fira yet far enough to enjoy peace and quiet.

My husband and I would undoubtedly stay there again if we are fortunate enough to return to Santorini!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2010

I am a bit surprised at some of the reviews. I travel to santorini once or twice per year for work (yes, I have a lousy job that takes me to ugly places :-) ) and this is my favorite place to stay since I discovered it. Last time was in june, I also took my girlfriend and we stayed a couple days longer than I planned to relax a little.
So, why I like the hotel?
- Excellent location. Situated at the caldera, the well known sunset is right there and the hotel is at Firostefani near the main town of Fira. After a whole day of driving all around the island I park the car and I forget about it. Everything is in walking distance.
- One of the biggest pools on this side of the island! A pool bar with excelent refreshing coctails and nice music all day long. Its a must to spend a whole day there.
- Rooms are comfortable, even if the bathrooms at the standard rooms are a bit small.
- Service is excellent and staff is very friendly. You have to go some steps up and down but the guy is allways there to help, carrying the luggage etc. Rooms are kept nice and clean, nice breakfast every day served in the room or in your private patio.
- Last time we were upgraded to the Achilles suite. Located at the bottom of the complex, its unreal. Its veranda seems like hanging on the cliff. Unbelievable.
- Price!! For 250-400eur/night, depending on the season and the room type, you get everything that other similar hotels in santorini charge at least 500eur!!
So, for me this is truly a hiden gem at the right price. For 3 years now among my favorite hotels in greek islands.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 August 2009

OK, you have a beautiful view from your room, but the room does not worth at all 270 euros a night (without breakfast!). For example, we noticed in our room that:
- you can hear your neighbour during the night,
- the door of the restroom could not close,
- the garbage was full when we arrived!
- for the check out, the receptionist called us at 11h30 to leave the room immediately and send someone 5 min later to pick up our luggages!!!! The regular time to check out is 12!
- the swimming pool is very cold and it is very difficult to swim (Please note that I usilly swim in the Atlantic Ocean which is also cold!)

....

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Romain7575
Also consider these accommodations in or near Firostefani
Blue Dolphins Traditional Apartments
Andronis Luxury Suites
Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel
Pegasus Suites & Spa
Pegasus Suites & Spa
#17 of 51 in Imerovigli
Petit Palace Suites Hotel
Anteliz Suites Santorini

Been to Homeric Poems? Share your experiences!