All reviewsinfinity poolmolton brown toiletrieshoneymoon suiteprivate balconyevery morningamazing hotelamazing viewsother hotelsthe cliffboutique hotelsame levelthree nightsgreek saladsantorini experiencea short minute walkthe hotel managerthe entire staff
Reviewed 1 October 2008

I stayed 5 nights at Homeric Poems while island hopping with my new husband on our honeymoon! Simply put - Homeric Poems was incredible! The staff members were the most friendly we had in Greece even compared to the staffs at more expensive hotels in Athens and Mykonos! The staff helped us with every travel need we had. They set us up on sunset cruises...with ferry tickets, airport transfer, etc. The front desk even allows guests to use a laptop to get online if needed...all other hotels charge you for this!

Having a honeymoon suite was great...one minor drawback is the older accessories and kitchenette in the suite. The hotel also has a sometimes overwhelming climb up the stairs but what do you expect when the hotel is on the side of a volcanic cliff? Regardless, the views, friendly staff, and location of the hotel make up for these trivial details. The hotel is within an easy walk to Fira. It is also close to Firastefani square where you can easily catch one of the overly crowded public buses to venture to other areas of the island. The pool and bar area of the hotel were as good as any hotel on Santorini. Although we experienced the sunset from Oia, we enjoyed it more sitting on our private balcony in the Achilles suite! (See attached photo!) Our suite offered a jacuzzi tub with a window offering Santorini's spectacular views. (I do recommend visiting Santorini before September because the seasonal weather changes create intense fog that took away our views one evening!)

The cost of the hotel is pricy especially considering the weak US dollar. However, you get what you pay for...I can't wait to go back! Next time, it will be one of their grand suites with a private swimming pool! You won't be disappointed staying at Homeric Poems!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2008

Me and my friend visit Santorini last year and when we checked out that place make a promise to our selfs to come back just to visit it. We try to book it for August from April but hotel was already booked, so we visit it at September. The weather for 2 days from our total 7 day stay wasn't so good, was rainning and it was cold too. This hotel is the onlyone we have visit that gave us raincoats without charge and let us keep them too. Unfortunately, we read the reviews before we go there and for a moment we had a few doubts for our trip. But since our arrival, we realize that we will not regret our money there. First person we met was Peggy at the reception. She was so helpfull and realize with a smile any request we had. Her professionalism was marvelous. Our room was perfect. Great view from our private balcony, lovely truly traditional furnitures, very clean room and perfect room service. We had our breakfast everyday in our room. Stairs were good excercise too!!! The day we had to leave, Pigi let us stay in the room for extra two hours without charge. All the staff in this hotel is always polite and always happy to please you. Every cent we spend there, was a good memory to have for the rest of our lifes.

• Stayed: September 2008
Reviewed 13 August 2008

I chose this hotel because I had seen some reviews and it looked luxurious. I love nice hotels and I don't mind paying for it. The room rate was 280 euros a night and we booked in for 2 nights.

I have to say I was totally shocked by the quality of the rooms, they looked like they hadn't been decorated for a long long time. When I complained about the quality of the interior, I was told that it was in-keeping with the traditional style - I don't buy this for a second. I had already stayed in a beautiful traditional cave dwelling just 3 nights previously - Esperas - and it was beautiful and nowhere near as expensive.

I didnt want to stay but was told I would lose my deposit so I had to endure 2 nights there. I had just come from Sun Rocks which I have to say had got it totally right - a beautiful hotel with great service. I had also stayed at traditional Esperas in Oia which was head and shoulders above Homeric Poems.

Despite the high prices, this looked like a package hotel, lots of concrete and very little quality. The staff weren't friendly but this was because they were clearly understaffed and had to do everything - one guy was working in the bar, restaurant and carrying bags!

When you pay good money (we paid the cheapest) you expect good, pleasant service but it just wasn't happening. The staff looked unhappy and stressed out - seeing them sweating and running around did not create a pleasant, calm environment.

All in all a very disappointing end to our holiday.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2008

After much research, my boyfriend and I decided on staying at Homeric Poems...and we were certainly not disappointed. The views are the first thing that comes to mind - absolutely breath-taking! We had the Hector Room which had its own kitchenette, lounge area separated with a half wall from the bedroom plus bathroom. All very clean and modern. Outside we had our own private terrace where we watched sunset every night and fell in love all over again!

The whole hotel was a peaceful place to be - we spent a lot of time by the pool enjoying the view and the loungers. Even though it was a shared pool the whole hotel feels so private we hardly saw anyone else.

The location is great - just north of Fira town (about 5-10 mins walk) but there are plently of great restaurants literally around the corner serving amazing local produce.

I highly recommend this hotel for a couple looking for something extra special and romantic. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2008

My wife and I stayed in the Honeymoon Suite (Achilles Room) at Homeric Poems this June. It was a fantastic choice for our honeymoon. The room was not overly spacious and the decor was admittedly unremarkable -- but the privacy and the view of the Caldera were amazing. We looked forward to the sunset each day and enjoyed that we did not need to go to a pricey restaurant to get the benefit of the spectacular view. We're sure that other Santorini hotels might claim a better view of the Caldera -- but from our vantage point in the Achilles Room, we find that pretty hard to believe.

In addition, the hotel staff (Peggy, Julietta, George & George) were very friendly and accomodating.

We also thought that the location of this hotel was ideal -- just a short walk from Fira, but far enough away that you felt completely secluded from the nightlife when you returned to the hotel.

We really enjoyed our stay here and would highly recommend it to others who wish for a first-class Santorini experience.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple