All reviewsinfinity poolmolton brown toiletrieshoneymoon suiteprivate balconyevery morningamazing hotelcatamaran cruiseamazing viewsother hotelsthe cliffboutique hotelsame levelthree nightsgreek saladsantorini experiencea short minute walkthe hotel manager
Reviewed 14 September 2010

Breath taking pool – entire pool area is incredible (pool is inches from cliff, making the view stunning).

Picturesque facilities - hotel is absolutely lovely, capturing the charm of Santorini.

Hospitable staff - hotel hosted party for anniversary of volcano eruption that was very enjoyable.

Ideal location – just a short walk to Fira yet far enough to enjoy peace and quiet.

My husband and I would undoubtedly stay there again if we are fortunate enough to return to Santorini!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2010

I am a bit surprised at some of the reviews. I travel to santorini once or twice per year for work (yes, I have a lousy job that takes me to ugly places :-) ) and this is my favorite place to stay since I discovered it. Last time was in june, I also took my girlfriend and we stayed a couple days longer than I planned to relax a little.
So, why I like the hotel?
- Excellent location. Situated at the caldera, the well known sunset is right there and the hotel is at Firostefani near the main town of Fira. After a whole day of driving all around the island I park the car and I forget about it. Everything is in walking distance.
- One of the biggest pools on this side of the island! A pool bar with excelent refreshing coctails and nice music all day long. Its a must to spend a whole day there.
- Rooms are comfortable, even if the bathrooms at the standard rooms are a bit small.
- Service is excellent and staff is very friendly. You have to go some steps up and down but the guy is allways there to help, carrying the luggage etc. Rooms are kept nice and clean, nice breakfast every day served in the room or in your private patio.
- Last time we were upgraded to the Achilles suite. Located at the bottom of the complex, its unreal. Its veranda seems like hanging on the cliff. Unbelievable.
- Price!! For 250-400eur/night, depending on the season and the room type, you get everything that other similar hotels in santorini charge at least 500eur!!
So, for me this is truly a hiden gem at the right price. For 3 years now among my favorite hotels in greek islands.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 August 2009

OK, you have a beautiful view from your room, but the room does not worth at all 270 euros a night (without breakfast!). For example, we noticed in our room that:
- you can hear your neighbour during the night,
- the door of the restroom could not close,
- the garbage was full when we arrived!
- for the check out, the receptionist called us at 11h30 to leave the room immediately and send someone 5 min later to pick up our luggages!!!! The regular time to check out is 12!
- the swimming pool is very cold and it is very difficult to swim (Please note that I usilly swim in the Atlantic Ocean which is also cold!)

....

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Romain7575
Reviewed 7 August 2009

One of the gems of Santorini. Enjoy breakfast with a breathtaking view of the sea. The room came complete with cooking stove so u can just stay in the beautiful room with a beautiful view!
But beware, like all other caldera hotels, there are no lifts, so lugging huge bags down to your room can be a pain. But like I said, it's the same with other caldera hotels.
The inifinity pool was to die for.

Stayed: August 2006, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 July 2009

My wife and I booked the Apartment room for 7 nights late June early July for some chilling out after a hectic work year. Had been to Santorinin before so knew mostly what to expect as far as the island itself goes.
Even though this property was pricey we really wanted perfect views in a small exclusive location where we could prepare our own meals if we wanted. We like eating out but not EVERY night. We also wanted somewhere which is not a loud party location. Finally somewhere NOT in Fira but not too far away either. From the website Homeric Poems ticked most of the boxes.
Firstly, let me say that by most international hotel standards HP would probably not be classed as a 5 star property. The bathroom certainly not, though clean and neat fairly basic. The room itself was OK without being wow. Each rooms configuration, including balcony, also varies to each one.
Our apartment, HECTOR, did have a large and fairly private balcony (which we specifically wanted) but some others were smallish and either near the stairs down to the pool/bar area so people on the way down looked in on you, or you had another balcony right next to you. Like sitting at a restaruant next to another table.
Also, the kitchen included was very basic. 2 hot plates, no microwave, toaster, or oven plus the fridge was the smallest I've seen. As a 5 star property you would have expected some tea/coffee and milk to be there as you arrive.
Offsetting all this, the view was absolutely breathtaking 24/7. We ended up having dinner on the balcony most nights watching the sunset. Absolutely breathtaking and at least 10 stars. Pool area lovely. In addition the staff, to a man and woman, were fantasic. From the Hungarian guy in the pool bar area, the lovely girls in reception, they all made an effort to make our stay enjoyable (and they suceeded totally). I see some other reviews said otherwise but we could not fault them and the owners should be proud of how they look after their guests.
I recomend Nauossa (spelling) restaraunt in Fira for home cooked Greek food in a family run establishment. People line up to get in most nights. Also try the sunset cruise which goes out to the hot spings first (recomended by reception). Finally hire a cheap car to explore the island. There is quite a lot to see.
So, in conclusion, not 5 star, pretty pricey, but great location in a nicely maintained hotel.

We didn't want to leave.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple