“Amazing View, Incredible Value...”

Blue Dolphins Traditional Apartments
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Firostefani
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Amazing View, Incredible Value...”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Blue Dolphins is such a great place to stay in Santorini, near enough to Fira but far enough from the crowds. I have a visited Santorini a few times and Blue Dolphins has the most amazing sunset view overlooking the old volcano. Additionally, the hotel has great staff and management that delivers on its promises and more. My host Dennis was very helpful and informative and really made my stay a memorable one. My room had a large terrace and deck chairs to enjoy the wonderful view of this amazing island. The room was clean and tidy; the breakfast was ample. I cannot wait to return to Blue Dolphins during my next visit to Santorini!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Matthew H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Thanks the reception so kind and nice gave us wonderful service and lovely room. Providing amazing views and the variety types of breakfast!! I will be back again!

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank WenChun C
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Nice view with the incredible price. We've been extended our check out time to stay longer to wait for our ferry to Athens. This hotel is the best choice in Santorini. The reception is extremely friendly. He answered and gave great suggestion from our question.

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Winson C
Athens GREECE
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I visit Santorini every 2 months for my work. Winter and summer.
I like staying at Bluedolphins, as it is close to the center, has comfortable rooms with terraces and view to the caldera and ocean and volcano.
I am alone, so they make better prices for single use rooms. The breakfast has many Greek products like cheese, jams yogurt and fruits.
The wifi was strong at my room. Dennis at the reception is always smiling and ready to help for anything I ask.
There is a pool in their sister hotel, 7 minutes walking distance that I used once. The transferred me there for free and I came back walking
It was really relaxing to have a drink and watch the sunset.

• Stayed March 2014
Lima, Peru
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Spent four nights there in October. Friendly staff , professional but also with that human touch that makes every guest feeling at home. Breakfast was wonderful, the room spacious, comfortable and with an amazing view!
The pool area was lovely, drinks and snacks at the pool bar a highlight of our vacation!
The place is breathtaking and the sunsets you experience out of this world!! GRAND SUNSETS!!!
Make sure not to miss the Blue Dolphins tour! Either Thomas or Christos will take you in 4 to 5 hours little tour around the island unveiling for you every little magical corner of Santorini! Not to mention the wine you gonna taste or the food!! A must do!
Thank you all !!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Goul C
Athens
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Third time I stayed at this magnificent place. I really like Santorini but I also love this amazing little hotel on the cliff of Firostefani village. Traditional little place , very well decorated , genuine and not tacky with excellent staff and probably the best view on the island since it is built at the highest spot of the village ( Firostefani) You can be in your bed laying and still enjoy this extraordinary view!!!
I chose to spend 3 days in March cause unfortunately my summer vacation due to my work will be late summer this year.
Weather did not help at all. Cold and windy which is logical on the island in March.( winter) My room was very warm ( excellent heating) and reception made sure to have extra blankets just in case. ( I didn't use them I was actually in my t-shirt inside the room)
Hot water available all three days of my staying no matter the small electricity problems the whole island faced during those days. They offered me also a bottle of exquisite Vinsanto wine that special wine of the island. Not to mention that I had my breakfast brought to me every morning in my room.
The satellite TV they have also in every room helped me not to miss the champions league games I wanted to watch since I couldn't go out due to the weather.
All in all another perfect stay at this little paradise place!!
I will definately come back! What am I saying?? Am actually doing it!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Tommy6717
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

We just finished our 6 night stay at Blue Dolphins and had an unforgetable experience. As we were travelling on a budget we were searching for the near impossible; A beautiful, modern room with a big balcony with sunbeds and a view of the caldera at a cheap price. We were so lucky to choose Blue Dolphins. We spent two nights in their cave house which is beautiful and massive, and then they moved us to their Honeymoon Suite, "Mykonos". If you are requesting a room, this one is without a doubt the BEST. The included breakfast and private Jacuzzi with views of the caldera just topped it off.

Alexis was contactable at all hours and made our stay so memorable. Even when there was an unfortunate issue with the water on our last night (not the hotels fault) Alexis dealt with it very graciously and proffesionally.

We would come back here in a heartbeat. We'll never forget our week on Santorini, so glad we did it in off season, the crowds during summer just sound like too much hassle.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JodeCam
Also consider these accommodations in or near Firostefani
Villa Ilias Caldera Hotel
Dana Villas Hotel & Suites
Dana Villas Hotel & Suites
#3 of 21 in Firostefani
Anteliz Suites Santorini

Been to Blue Dolphins Traditional Apartments? Share your experiences!