After a 6 hour delay at Athens Airport we arrived at Blue Dolphins at 1am to be greeted at reception and shown to our room, very good service for such a small establishment.
Up at 9am for breakfast on the terrace confirmed our decision to stay at BD; the view of the calder was outstanding and the local youghat with honey was tasty.
Based in Firostefani only a 10 minute walk from Fira town it was isolated enough to get away from the crowds but only minutes away from the action. The 10 minute walk normally took us a half hour as there was so much to see.
We had a traditional apartment, bedroom, bathroom and general room with table and chairs, refrigerator, airconditioning, and sink. We were happy with the room, the bedroom was comfortable and cool. The bathroom was small, the only problem being the shower curtin was a little short and water spilled out. However the price was right, excellent value and the view was spectacular.
Reception arranged car hire for us, something I would not of attempted and it was a real plus allowing us to see the whole island at leisure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blue Dolphins is situated in the village of Firostefani, which is a 10 minute walk from the capital village of Fira (through a beautiful pedestrian path on the caldera). We have the privilege of being at a magical location in terms of view and peace of scenery, but also close to the restaurants, bars and nightlife of Fira, the capital of Santorini. Blue Dolphins is also connected to the picturesque village of Imerovigli which is also just a 10 minute walk through a pedestrian path on the caldera. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Blue Dolphins Traditional Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Dolphins Traditional Apartments Hotel Firostefani
- Blue Dolphins Traditional Apartments Santorini/Firostefani