Its hard to start this review as every other review on here is absolutely glowing! Based on these reviews is why we chose to stay at Mill Houses so maybe we went in expecting too much however, our experience was just not WOW....
Upon arrival the room wasnt ready even though it was past check in time and that was fine it didnt take too long before we were in. We received 2 glasses of sparkling wine as a welcome drink which was very nice to enjoy whilst looking out over the caldera.
Our stay was for 8 nights hence our disappointment on a few things. The room we had was tiny and I would say the smallest in the place. This wasnt an issue at first but upon seeing the other 2 rooms next door to us (which were twice the size) VERY disappointing. We booked months in advance so you would think this would be taken into consideration. People who were staying 1 or 2 nights had the much better rooms. The other issue was the pool area which is tiny with only 4 sun lounges. Now I know there is very little space for pools on the caldera cliff and we were aware of this however not one day in the 8 days could we get on a sun lounge!! Fortunately we had hired a motorbike so we could go to the beach which was lovely but it would have been nice to utilise the hotel facilities at some stage during our stay.
The view from our room was distorted by TV antennas and we were right on top of a hot noisy air conditioner. Personally there were a lot of better options in this location and I was kicking myself I didnt choose one of them instead. Admittedly we were there in high season but for the money paid it was not worth it.
On the good side the housekeeping lady Maria was a dream! So efficient and helpful and a pleasure to see on a daily basis. The breakfast is great served to you at your room or you can take it in the hotel restaurant. Plenty of variety and you could order a latte which was awesome! Location is also perfect lots of restaurants on the door step and a short walk into Fira town. I would recommend the location but choose one of the other hotels if I went back to Santorini.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The endless Aegean sea... Deep blue flirting with pigments of rugged stone... The breathtaking Caldera, as in a picture from a famous postcard... At the bay of Firostefani, on the stately rock that bridges the sky with the sea, the whitewashed figure of Mill Houses Boutique Hotel & Suites in Santorini, looks like hovering over the mesmerizing cliff. With a unique view to the volcano of Santorini - the symbol of power of a sea that historically united cultures - our hospitable suites seem entangled in an indiscernible dialogue with the mythical elements of the island. Live an unforgettable experiece at our dreamlike Boutique Santorini Hotel & Suites in Firostefani. Honeymoon in Santorini ? Make it an experience of a lifetime. We can skillfully organize your Santorini wedding according to your needs and wishes. Our Santorini boutique hotel offer honeymoon suites with verandas overlooking the Volcano island. Honeymoon in Santorini with hundreds romantic getaways, a perfect beginning to your new life! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Mill Houses Elegant Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mill Houses Studios Hotel Firostefani
- Mill Houses Studios And Suites
- Mill Hotel Studios
- Mill Houses Elegant Suites Santorini/Firostefani