Arriving off season in the Greek islands is perhaps less unusual as it might have seemed years ago, as the Santorini of 2014 has an extended season which now starts as early February. Our flight was in one of the propeller aircrafts probably a "Fokker Friendship" as one used to call them, and arriving at the small but cosy airport was fuss free and certainly friendly enough!
A short 10-15 minute taxi ride on the hotel pick up, and we found ourselves entering the main town of Fira and onto its suburb FiraStefani where we were dropped at the Mill Houses' car park on the main road, just a short walk down around 100 steps onto the beautiful Caldera's edge where the hotel is situated. Kind and fit porters carried our cases down for us whilst we checked in, got settled and were immediately overwhelmed by the breathtaking view which never ceases to impress. At any time of the day, there is a full view of the whole volcano and though the lighting of course changes this only adds variation to what must be one of the best views in the world.
The Mill Houses Elegant Suites as it is called has no more than a dozen rooms set in and around a small pool and reception area on this beautiful vista point of the Caldera. We were fortunate enough to be upgraded to a Honeymoon Suite which had a separate living area with kitchenette and sofa, all small but concisely set up in the cave house format. The rooms are generally well installed with all necessities and comforts, whilst toiletries are by Bulgari. Each morning, a full and satisfying breakfast was brought to the room with the choice to take it out on the balcony or in the room.
The bed linens were of good quality and movies were available to watch via an ingenious USB device which connected effortlessly in plug-and-play fashion to the television.
Service was very accommodating and helpful and car rental was arranged without any fuss as was any information we needed about neighbourhood restaurants or other attractions. Mill Houses was also charging what was a very reasonable price for its off season rate.
Overall an extremely enjoyable off season visit to Santorini, very much enhanced by an accomplished residence.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The endless Aegean sea... Deep blue flirting with pigments of rugged stone... The breathtaking Caldera, as in a picture from a famous postcard... At the bay of Firostefani, on the stately rock that bridges the sky with the sea, the whitewashed figure of Mill Houses Boutique Hotel & Suites in Santorini, looks like hovering over the mesmerizing cliff. With a unique view to the volcano of Santorini - the symbol of power of a sea that historically united cultures - our hospitable suites seem entangled in an indiscernible dialogue with the mythical elements of the island. Live an unforgettable experiece at our dreamlike Boutique Santorini Hotel & Suites in Firostefani. Honeymoon in Santorini ? Make it an experience of a lifetime. We can skillfully organize your Santorini wedding according to your needs and wishes. Our Santorini boutique hotel offer honeymoon suites with verandas overlooking the Volcano island. Honeymoon in Santorini with hundreds romantic getaways, a perfect beginning to your new life! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Expedia, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Mill Houses Elegant Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mill Houses Studios And Suites
- Mill Houses Studios Hotel Firostefani
- Mill Hotel Studios
- Mill Houses Elegant Suites Santorini/Firostefani