We stayed in their biggest suite called the Mill Suite for our honeymoon and felt that it was more like a small house than a large suite. We absolutely loved it and wished we could live there rather than only staying for four nights.
The suite comes with a private jacuzzi and private balcony, and while they are essentially private they're not quite as private as they look from the photos online. There are stairs that lead down from the reception to the pool (where people must walk multiple times a day) that opened up to our "private jacuzzi & balcony area". We thought it might be an issue with people milling around in what was supposed to be part of our suite (and a few people did) but it was never really an issue. But still something I think people should know about the suite balcony is that it looks close enough to a public space that you're bound to find other guests out on your balcony taking photos of the caldera without really realizing that they're essentially in your room. One guest even walked all the way into the doorway of our room before realizing that he was about to enter a private room and quickly turning around - with the jacuzzi outside and the pretty interior he probably thought it was a spa :)
Which reminds me about the caldera view - absolutely stunning. We had breakfast out on our balcony every morning with just amazing views of the caldera, it felt like a dream. And the breakfast - it was incredible and you could order just as much as you want so we seldom found it necessary to eat lunch, they even included champagne with it every morning.
And the staff was great as well, we were supposed to turn in our breakfast orders by a certain time each day and we always missed the deadline but they were always great about getting us what we wanted even when we told them late. We stayed in another hotel in Santorini after leaving the Mill Suites, and the staff at the Mill Suites called them ahead of time to ask what time we could check in (2pm) and graciously allowed us to keep our suite until 2pm without any charge so there wouldn't be a gap between the hotels. Absolutely great customer service and the kind of thing that makes you feel like they actually care about you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The endless Aegean sea... Deep blue flirting with pigments of rugged stone... The breathtaking Caldera, as in a picture from a famous postcard... At the bay of Firostefani, on the stately rock that bridges the sky with the sea, the whitewashed figure of Mill Houses Boutique Hotel & Suites in Santorini, looks like hovering over the mesmerizing cliff. With a unique view to the volcano of Santorini - the symbol of power of a sea that historically united cultures - our hospitable suites seem entangled in an indiscernible dialogue with the mythical elements of the island. Live an unforgettable experiece at our dreamlike Boutique Santorini Hotel & Suites in Firostefani. Honeymoon in Santorini ? Make it an experience of a lifetime. We can skillfully organize your Santorini wedding according to your needs and wishes. Our Santorini boutique hotel offer honeymoon suites with verandas overlooking the Volcano island. Honeymoon in Santorini with hundreds romantic getaways, a perfect beginning to your new life! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Bookgreece.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HRS, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mill Houses Elegant Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mill Houses Studios And Suites
- Mill Houses Studios Hotel Firostefani
- Mill Hotel Studios
- Mill Houses Elegant Suites Santorini/Firostefani