“THAT VIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Ranked #6 of 15 Firostefani B&B and Inns
Sydney
“THAT VIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Delayed flights caused us to get into Santorini late and although we thought we would be left with a room key, the owner (Nick) came back to the hotel, check us in, gave a brief run down on the island etc.

The next day we got breakfast served at our room, overlooking the ocean. Unreal. What away to start the day. We cam back that evening and watched the sunset from here as well.

The rooms are very well maintained, great beds, pillows etc. very clean and the hotel is in a brilliant location.

Amazing view. great service, great brekkie, great rooms, but the owner, Nick.........What a top bloke. Quintessentially Greek and is what every hotel owner should be. Keep up the great work.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Greek first
Upminster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Staying at the Sunset, you will get a 5 Star view daily. There are 9 rooms, all of which look out onto the beautiful bay and the islands. We were in Room No.19, which is the semi-detached one which juts out at the end of the block. Basically furnished, but all you need - bed, wardrobe and a shower/toilet. There is a flat screen television, but my partner couldn't get all the channels - which pleased me greatly - but perhaps if he'd have ask Nek for some assistance, then he would have had more success! The air conditioning is excellent and easy to operate.

The downside to the shower was that there wasn't anywhere to put the shower gel/soap, apart from the window sill and speaking of windows, there was no privacy curtain on it either!

Breakfast consists of tea/coffee, orange juice, boiled eggs, cheese/processed ham, jams, honey, butter, bread/toast, a pot of Nutella and Greek yoghurt. You will get the same thing every day, but it is an adequate portion. This is usually served by Maria on the terrace, or she will bring it to your room.

There was some confusion as to where our own table/patio was and ours was situated at the end of our room - where the building juts out - right next to the seating area. However, we were not provided with any chairs to sit on, so we chose to our have breakfast on the seating area each day, rather than at the small table, which may have annoyed some residents who wanted to sit there. Unfortunately when we arrived (which was around 1.30pm), nobody was about, except Maria and her English is not very good (not her fault) and so this was not explained when we arrived.

Like everyone else has said, the view is absolutely amazing and I don't think I would ever tire of seeing the whitewashed buildings against the beautiful blue sea, with the islands in the background. The sunset at Firostefani is the same sunset that you will see in Oia and heaven knows why people flock to Oia, just to watch the sunset. Quite a bizarre notion really. Oia is beautiful in its own right, not just for the sunset!

The terrace area is comfortable, but the only downside was that there were no parasols, which would have made it 100% perfect for me. Great for those who wish to bake their skin daily, but if you wanted shade, you had to seek it elsewhere.

The hot tub is an additional feature, but nothing special in my view. In fact, when we arrived it resembled the look of a pond and needed a good clean. It wasn't very inviting, nor particularly big.

The shuttle from the airport cost 15 Euros, so despite what others have said, this is NOT a free shuttle service.

All in all, I would definitely stay at the Sunset again. Like I said, the views are top notch and you would really have to pay through the nose for a similar view elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Saltwatergypsy1
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2014

my husband and I stayed in this hotel to celebrate my birthday. the hotel was very clean and romantic. the staff were very accommodating, friendly and helpful with their guests. this hotel was the best location for the caldera view and the sunset. the jacuzzi overlooking the caldera was the highlight of the hotel. could not say anything bad about this hotel. we really had a great time in this lovely place:)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JepKat
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

As soon as I entered the hotel, the view took my breath away.. I couldn't wipe the smile off my face and knew I made the right choice!. Having breakfast with the view everyday.. and chilling out on on the balcony / terrace was amazing.. we didnt wanted to move. It was the best location with the views to die for.
Lovely owners and thier son (I think) was so sweet and always very helpful.
I usually have tea in the evening and they got it for me.. that made all the difference.

That was most relaxed I felt in a long time.. we just sat on the balcony eating 2.50€ sovlaki from "Why Not" ( best sovlaki ever) for lunch and dinner which was only 2mins away.

We did not leave the place till we had to checkout ..I miss Sunset Hotel.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

After 7 years we visit again sunset hotel and realized that it was totaly diferent, all the rooms are NEW, well surprised and enjoyed. Thank you Nek one more time for the hospitallity, see you next year.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Loved the location!! It was so quiet and the viewing deck where you can have your breakfast, or enjoy the view all day and night, was large and fantastic! I liked the spa and there were great restaurants around too! Make sure you go to Vanilia restaurant! I had 3 meals there and they were all amazing! Thanks Nick and Maria for your hospitality! We loved our relaxing stay at Sunset Hotel.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Greater Perth, Australia
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Sunset hotel was a fantastic place to stay. The rooms were very clean and we were provided with fresh sheets/towels every day. Each room looks out onto the ocean which is beautiful. The terrace is a great place to sit and enjoy the view or eat breakfast if you choose. Breakfast each day was great with a choice of eggs, bread, spreads, yoghurt and tea/coffee/juice. Nek was very helpful and helped arranged a shuttle from the hotel to the port for us as well as organising quad bikes for us to hire. Beautiful hotel in the best part of Santorini. Don't bother going to Oia for the sunset, the sunsets at the hotel are better. Highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple