Agnadema Apartments
Homeric Poems(Firostefani)
US$816
  • Breakfast included
Manos Small World(Firostefani)(Great Value!)
US$292
US$242
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Mill Houses Elegant Suites(Firostefani)(Great Value!)
US$411
US$399
  • Breakfast included
Ira Hotel & Spa(Firostefani)(Great Value!)
US$192
Belvedere Santorini(Firostefani)(Great Value!)
US$470
US$452
  • Breakfast included
Infinity Suites - Dana Villas & Suites(Firostefani)(Great Value!)
US$480
HotelQuickly
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsserved complimentarybeautiful familywatching the suntop floorthe main roadminute walklittle thingstrouble walkingperfect locationstayed here for four nightsyour luggageamazing caldera viewdefinitely stay here againour night staysmall poolsiaporter
Reviewed 27 April 2014

The location is wonderful, on the cliffs overlooking the ocean. Beautiful sunsets and within walking distance to city of Firo and great shopping and restaurants. The breakfast buffet that was provided is very good. We stayed in one of the apartments and it was huge, compared to many other hotels in Europe! The best thing about this property is the staff is fabulous. Both Maria and Athanasia were helpful and very nice. They made our stay something very special.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We stayed here in July 2012. The hotel was everything we were after & more.
The location was perfect! Not too far away from the hustle and bustle of Fira - an easy 10 minute walk along the caldera - but far enough to enjoy the serenity the island has to offer. The best of both worlds. This walk is a perfect excuse to take in more of that breathtaking view. Stayed in the budget room & it was splendid. The complimentary little bottle of wine in our fridge was a thoughtful & lovely touch. We became friends with the receptionist, Vasiliki - a lovely young lady who was extremely helpful.
All round it was an EXCELLENT experience & can't wait to get back to Santorini to stay there!

1  Thank Marissa P
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I reserved a room at the hotel since I liked the pictures management put up. I immediately realized that it was a non-refundable room. My mistake. Worse, the room was a budget double room which didn't have a private balcony.

I contacted the hotel to see if they can cancel and refund me(it was full five months advance reservation). The hotel responded that they already charged me and they can't refund me.
When our final itinerary became clearer, we saw that we cannot stay at this place for the entire length that we booked. I contacted the hotel again to ask if they can shorten the stay and use the extra money from skipped nights to upgrade us to a better room.

The owner/manager Anathasia again refused for any such thing. When I spoke to her on phone, she was very impatient and gave me no option. This just left a bad taste even before stayed there. Of course there was no choice but to stay there(in a BUDGET room).

We stayed a couple of days in Oia during which we left our room at Agnadema empty. We went to Agnadema expecting very little, but even with such little expectations our experience was dreadful.

The room we stayed in can be called a basement room, since it was below the level of swimming pool. It had very little ventilation and the tiny windows opened directly on to the road. There was no privacy at all.

There was a constant sound of water draining above you(which is because the swimming pool was right above). The room and bathroom very outdated. even the other rooms that have a balcony all face to a courtyard, no privacy.

The wifi was flaky. We wouldn't get reception if we closed the doors or windows and if we opened any of them the AC wouldn't work. The doors and windows were squeeky and even got stuck several times.

Coming to the service, there were two ladies who took turns at the reception. One of them was downright racist. She never used to acknowledge us but she would greet and make small talk with other residents(probably those not in BUDGET room).

One day we had an early breakfast and took a walk to imergiovili. We didn't keep a watch on time so didn't know what time exactly it was when we came back but the breakfast was still laid out. I went in to have some orange juice and the nice lady who prepares breakfast took the jar from my hand and went in the kitchen to fill some orange juice for me. Immediately, the receptionist went in, and after a while emerged out saying that the maid took the jar to keep it away since breakfast time was over. Whether I knew greek or not, it was definitely not what the maid went in to do.

The service felt downright offensive, but not wanting to ruin our vacation any further i didn't once complain.
I knew I could come back and vent out my feelings here knowing it makes more of an impact. Those visiting Santorini, please find some other place. There are plenty of options that feel super luxurious and much more local than this outdated cheap looking place for much lesser price.

Room Tip: If you really have no other choice and are stuck with this hotel, chose a upper level balcony room. Budget room is a basement room.
8  Thank Shikari007
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Thank you to Maria and the team at Agnadema for such a magical stay in Santorini!

Expect - charming service, breathtaking views, traditional candied fruits served to guests watching the famous Santorini sunset, exceptionally clean rooms and help with your luggage if you request it! Breakfast is nice, especially the Greek yoghurt!

Expect stairs wherever you go in Santorini, so there is no use complaining, it wouldn't be Santorini otherwise! You will take stairs to walk up to Firostefani town from the hotel. Walking to Fira is also possible - an easy and BREATHTAKING stroll along the caldera, allow approx 10mins. Highly recommend Pirouni restaurant in Firostefani town - a few minutes walk from hotel - delicious and fresh, traditional Greek food!

Firostefani is a good base to visit the rest of the island, including magical Oia and the beaches. Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed 28 October 2013

It may took us about 80 steps down to Agnadema Apartment. But with no building between the apartment and the magical view of the caldera. This is definitely the best experience I've ever had on a holiday.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family