My family and I recently stayed at the Agnadema apartments for my brother’s wedding in Santorini and can not speak highly enough of both the apartments themselves and the staff.
We were aware from previous reviews on here that there were a lot of steps down to the apartments on arrival, so this came as no surprise. We went down to the reception where we were greeted by the wonderful Maria! She sent the porter up to get our bags for us and wow what a porter he was. We watched him haul all 8 of our suitcases down the 80 odd steps in 30 degree + heat in just a couple of trips – very impressive!
In terms of the apartments themselves – we had 3 rooms between our group, all of which were lovely and clean with excellent views of the caldera. I myself stayed with my mother, wife and daughter in the honeymoon suite (it worked out cheaper than paying for two rooms!). It was a fantastic room with 2 bathrooms, one with a huge jacuzzi tub. There was also its own private balcony which was fantastic and great for watching the sunset in the evening. The only slight improvement I would recommend is maybe some sort of cooking devices. There was a fridge, sink and kettle but nothing else to prepare food in. A special mention should also go to the cleaner – she works tirelessly cleaning all the rooms throughout the day and does a wonderful job – she clearly takes pride in her work!
Another special mention should go to Maria who was absolutely brilliant throughout our stay. Nothing is too much trouble for her and she is always looking to go the additional mile as is Sia. Through her friendly outgoing nature we got to know Maria well during our stay and she was really good with our young daughter Ella who is 2 years old. (No Maria you still can not keep her!!).
Despite the steps (which is pretty much standard across the island anyway) the location was good with excellent views, plenty of bars and restaurants in situe and just a short 10 minute walk to Fira where there are countless shops, restaurants & bars with more fantastic views.
Overall I would not hesitate to recommend the Agnadema Apartments and would indeed stay there again next time we visit. Keep up the good work and Maria – Ella sends a big hug and kiss!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Agnadema Apartments are enjoying an excellent location in the heart of Firostefani, built on the Caldera Cliffs. Firostefani is a quiet and picturesque village , just above Fira, on the hill, the name implies ‘’The Crown of Fira’’ . The hotel offers magnificent panoramic views of the Volcano and the famous Skaros Rock. Mesmerizing sunsets, mysterious shadows at dusk, the deep blue Aegean sea - the magic of Santorini from Agnadema apartments. The Agnadema’s well-appointed and elegantly decorated residences combine elegant tradition with modern comforts . Furthermore the traditional rooms, the family apartments and the marvelous suites can accommodate 2 to 5 persons. The hotel has a swimming pool with Jacuzzi Jet Streams, and a sunbathing terrace with umbrellas & deck chairs for complete relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Agnadema Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Agnadema Apartments Firostefani
- Agnadema Apartments Hotel Firostefani
- Agnadema Apartments Santorini/Firostefani