Hotel Mylos
Homeric Poems(Firostefani)
US$816
  • Breakfast included
Mill Houses Elegant Suites(Firostefani)(Great Value!)
US$399
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Ira Hotel & Spa(Firostefani)(Great Value!)
US$187
US$464
US$452
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Infinity Suites - Dana Villas & Suites(Firostefani)(Great Value!)
US$538
getaroom.com
Manos Small World(Firostefani)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsshared balconyyogurtcaldera viewconvenient storemini mart next doorevery morningbus stophotel is in a great locationshort walkquiet at nightpleasant staymini marketamazing sunsetwe loved our stayaway from the hustle and bustlefira townnice breakfast
Reviewed 7 August 2012

This quiet little hotel is all about the Caldera view. You basically spend all your time on the porch, enjoying the magnificent view, if you are not sleeping or not out in Fira or Oia. The rooms are very simple, but as i said, you don't really spend time in them anyway. The breakfast is really basic, but you can improve it by buying cheese, ham, tomatoes etc from the store downstairs. It's real close to Fira by the way, so that's another plus. Overall it was a good stay, i would definitely recommend it to everyone who wants to stay in Fira area. *If i went back to Santorini, i would stay in the Oia area though, it is dreamy.*

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mughettina
Reviewed 13 April 2012

I wanted a caldera view room that won't cost me a bomb, and I stumbled across this hotel after days and days of searching. It's located at a very convenient part of Firostefani, I can easily walk 10 minutes to the central area where all the tavernas and markets are. The walk is a beautiful one, a cobbled footpath while enjoying magnificent blue seas in all its glory. In fact, I loved the walk from the center to the hotel so much I always stopped to take pictures every time I passed by. The staff is friendly and helpful, they even ran a small convenient store so I could easily buy things I needed there. Breakfast was a generic bread, butter, jam and tea - but it was served with a smile, and that made it great. The room is comfortable, can't complain about anything. There is no pool, but I wasn't looking for that. The view of the sunset from the room, though, is unbelievable. Situated so high up, I can't believe what I was seeing - I wanted to stay in this place forever! And at the last day, I was supposed to take a cab I booked earlier to catch my ferry, but the cab never came. The lady owner quickly took her car out and drove me all the way down to the ferry terminal even though she had the reception counter and the shop to attend to, so I wouldn't miss my ferry! It was a great experience and I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank Clarinta S
Reviewed 24 September 2011

Ok Santorini is expensive - that's a given. Firostefani is about 15 minutes walk from the main town but its a pleasant walk.

Mylos gives you a great Caldera view. You get a table and a couple of chairs outside your room which are lined up next to your neighbours. You order breakfast when you want it. This consists of a glass of juice, a cup of tea, the obligatory basket of bread and jam/honey and a big chunk of cake. Its not something you couldnt get yourself but Im not sure how much of a premium we paid for this anyway.

Id definitely go back to Myslos if I stayed in Santorini, however, I think thats doubtful as weve seen pretty much all there is to see. We were there for 4 days and I suspect thats probably enough if youre island hopping. We also went early September and most of the bars were empty (and very expensive). The rooms are kept immaculately clean - there is no pool (if you wanted one!)

...but that caldera sunset. That's one of those things you just have to see and Mylos provides that in spades.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Stuart B
Reviewed 25 August 2010

Hotel Mylos is also; Convenience store Mylos, Cafe Mylos and Internet Cafe Mylos! Great little rooms that share the same view as all the 5 stars for much less. Spent 90% of my time on the balcony as you dont need to be anywhere else. Grab a couple drinks and snacks from the store and make sure to do it before sunset...DONT MISS the sunset over the caldera. Great views of the water, a volcano and the lovely white buildings crawling up the side of the mountain. It is close to the main town of Thira (10 minute walk) which has great little stores and cafes (watch out for 12 Euro mojitos though!) and also a short bus ride from OIA which is a MUST SEE...also a great sunset place if you walk down to the water for dinner and a swim around the bend..jump off the rocks its fun! Hotel Mylos has pleasant staff and clean comfy rooms (we had the round one up top- #2 but it seems #1 has a private balcony so check that out). Breakfast was bread and butter with jam honey etc and tea or coffee...very light...Nice cheese pies across the street but I would go for their desserts. Breakfast is served to you on the balcony whenever you wake up until 11 I think. Would definitely go back again...they were great people and very accommodating when we loved it so much we wanted to stay two extra nights in high season! You wont be disappointed...and thank to all the reviewers who put us here!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dontw8
Reviewed 5 October 2008

i wanted a caldera view without having to pay with my arm or leg. for this, hotel mylos is a good value as it got a view of the caldera from the balcony. i contacted the hotel directly and got a further reduction in price by paying in cash. the room and bathroom are simple and basic, with aircon, tv, minifridge and utensils. i had a single room and it is very small and can be claustrophobic, but thankfully there is a glass door (and shutter wood door) so i don't feel locked in. i am on the ground floor so the balcony is shared with 2 other guest rooms - but there are enough table and chairs on the balcony to go around. behind the hotel is a supermarket which they owned, there is a side entrance which also served as their reception area. in the morning i would go to this reception area and asked for breakfast, which they will bring to me - it really really basic with bread with butter and jam, instant nescafe and orange cordial.

location; walking along the caldera footpath, it is about 15 mins to fira and to imerovigli/skaros (use the footpath in front of the hotel). the main road between fira and firostefani seemed longer and quite hazardous as there are no pedestrian sidewalks and road is too narrow to fit 2 buses. 3 mins walk to firostefani's main square where there is a bus stop to fira/oia/imerovigli (1.40 euros), a traverna and church, plus a nice lookout area. I walked with my backpack on the main road uphill from fira bus station to the hotel, took me 20-25 mins and since there are no signs, i had to ask for directions as i go along - no problem in finding mylos as there were a lot of helpful greeks.

bus between fira and airport/port is 2 Euros, check bus schedules at fira station for schedules to other parts of the island, and schedules are also published on their website (note: airport schedule can change, so should check fira station for updated schedule). People talked about renting mopeds, i can see how dangerous it can get as the roads are narrow, and in between towns, there are no street lights. it is pretty scary when you are going 35 mph in the dark and behind you, you have a speeding bus that is dying to pass you.

worth seeing - red/black beach, volcano, oia and its sunset, and ancient thira museum. the other museum at fira (by the cable car station) is not worth it (if you have also visited other greek museums).

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank ll213