Hotel Mylos
Cliff Side Suites(Firostefani)
US$260
US$243
  • Breakfast included
Mill Houses Elegant Suites(Firostefani)(Great Value!)
US$267
US$226
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Villa Ilias Caldera Hotel(Firostefani)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$100
Infinity Suites - Dana Villas & Suites(Firostefani)(Great Value!)
US$192
US$133
  • Breakfast included
Blue Dolphins Traditional Apartments(Firostefani)(Great Value!)
US$303
Manos Small World(Firostefani)
Homeric Poems(Firostefani)
Sun Rocks Hotel(Firostefani)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsshared balconyyogurtcaldera viewconvenient storemini mart next doorevery morningbus stophotel is in a great locationshort walkquiet at nightpleasant staymini marketamazing sunsetwe loved our stayaway from the hustle and bustlefira townnice breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 May 2013

My perfect stay here started with an upgrade to my room. Manolis showed me to the circular one on the second floor with a window overlooking the caldera. There was also terrace seating right outside my room. There are so many good things about this hotel -- its location and the view among them -- but the best part I think is the privacy you get while enjoying those. All the foot traffic is behind the hotel and all you get is quiet views of the caldera. This was exactly what I was looking for: a place on the caldera that didn't cost an arm and a leg.

Staying in Firostefani was also good. It's close enough to Fira to walk (where buses to all over the island can be caught) and, if you wanted to go to Oia, there's a bus stop very close to the hotel. The service is excellent as well. I had the choice of being served breakfast on the terrace or in my room. There's really nothing bad I can say about this hotel for the price I paid. The breakfast may be basic, but there are restaurants around if you needed more substantial fare; and the bathroom may be a little small but that was to be expected.

I definitely recommend this hotel. I would stay here again if I made it back to Santorini.

Room Tip: Room #2 had good space and a window overlooking the caldera
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Hotel Mylos was the best investment we made on our trip to Santorini!! This is the only hotel I will stay at the next time I visit. The Caldera view was incredible. You share the patio with the other guests but we hardly saw our neighbors. The room was clean, had two windows, a fridge, plates, silverware and a televison. The shower was small but not a big deal. The owner, Manolos, was such a sweet and helpful man! He took so much time explaining the island and it's attractions that we felt so welcomed and humbled by his kindness. Breakfast was simple and just enough every morning consisting of bread, jam, coffee and cake. If you desired anything else, you could visit the small convenience store attached to the hotel. There is a bus route every day that we took to Fira, Perissa, and Oia and it was only about 2 Euros/person each way. The only taxi ride we took from and to the ferry to get back to athens. Please stay here if you visit the island and I promise you will not regret it!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Heebs S
Reviewed 7 August 2012

This quiet little hotel is all about the Caldera view. You basically spend all your time on the porch, enjoying the magnificent view, if you are not sleeping or not out in Fira or Oia. The rooms are very simple, but as i said, you don't really spend time in them anyway. The breakfast is really basic, but you can improve it by buying cheese, ham, tomatoes etc from the store downstairs. It's real close to Fira by the way, so that's another plus. Overall it was a good stay, i would definitely recommend it to everyone who wants to stay in Fira area. *If i went back to Santorini, i would stay in the Oia area though, it is dreamy.*

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mughettina
Reviewed 13 April 2012

I wanted a caldera view room that won't cost me a bomb, and I stumbled across this hotel after days and days of searching. It's located at a very convenient part of Firostefani, I can easily walk 10 minutes to the central area where all the tavernas and markets are. The walk is a beautiful one, a cobbled footpath while enjoying magnificent blue seas in all its glory. In fact, I loved the walk from the center to the hotel so much I always stopped to take pictures every time I passed by. The staff is friendly and helpful, they even ran a small convenient store so I could easily buy things I needed there. Breakfast was a generic bread, butter, jam and tea - but it was served with a smile, and that made it great. The room is comfortable, can't complain about anything. There is no pool, but I wasn't looking for that. The view of the sunset from the room, though, is unbelievable. Situated so high up, I can't believe what I was seeing - I wanted to stay in this place forever! And at the last day, I was supposed to take a cab I booked earlier to catch my ferry, but the cab never came. The lady owner quickly took her car out and drove me all the way down to the ferry terminal even though she had the reception counter and the shop to attend to, so I wouldn't miss my ferry! It was a great experience and I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank Clarinta S
Reviewed 24 September 2011

Ok Santorini is expensive - that's a given. Firostefani is about 15 minutes walk from the main town but its a pleasant walk.

Mylos gives you a great Caldera view. You get a table and a couple of chairs outside your room which are lined up next to your neighbours. You order breakfast when you want it. This consists of a glass of juice, a cup of tea, the obligatory basket of bread and jam/honey and a big chunk of cake. Its not something you couldnt get yourself but Im not sure how much of a premium we paid for this anyway.

Id definitely go back to Myslos if I stayed in Santorini, however, I think thats doubtful as weve seen pretty much all there is to see. We were there for 4 days and I suspect thats probably enough if youre island hopping. We also went early September and most of the bars were empty (and very expensive). The rooms are kept immaculately clean - there is no pool (if you wanted one!)

...but that caldera sunset. That's one of those things you just have to see and Mylos provides that in spades.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple