“View, location, caldera, sunset = must stay!”
Review of Hotel Mylos

Hotel Mylos
Ranked #14 of 21 Hotels in Firostefani
devon, england
“View, location, caldera, sunset = must stay!”
Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

Santorini is expensive; this hotel gives you the same view and location as hotels charging 50 times as much in some cases (no exaggeration).

Firostefani is referred to as the Beverly Hills of Santorini and is a great place to stay, plenty of restaurants but quieter than touristy Fira (a 10 min walk away).

Ok, it doesn't have a pool, and the balcony is not divided (as previous posts mention it's a long veranda with 4 x tables/chairs for 4 rooms) but for the price, and location this is hardly surprising. The rooms are spacious, clean, and the bathroom had the biggest shower of any hotel I've stayed at in Greece. Breakfast is delivered to you on the verandah and is included in the rate. There's a store attached to the reception which is perfect to buy some beer and watch the amazing sunset (which was a better view/experience than Oia).

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank snoopy82

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Greek first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 9 July 2013

My husband and I spent the first 3 nights of our honeymoon at Mylos Hotel. It was clean, the view is fantastic, and the location is great. However, the owners did not do anything special for our honeymoon, when in our hotel in Naxos, they made up the room with flowers and wine, so it was kind of disappointing. The first day I actually had to ask for our room to be cleaned. Also, the room that they claim has a private terrace, has actually a terrace that is shared with another 4 rooms, and people from the other rooms were sometimes sitting on the table that the owners made us believe would be for our exclusive use. So, don't bother paying extra for a "private terrace", there is no such thing.

Room Tip: There is no such thing as a private terrace, so don't bother paying extra.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Itz M
Bradenton, Florida
Reviewed 2 July 2013

We stayed here for 10 days recently, on our honeymoon. The rooms were very nicely appointed for European resort and Greek standards, a TV, fridge, lock up closet, cutlery and plates, glasses and cups (probably the only things missing would be a bottle opener and a microwave, but who wants to warm stuff up on vacation?). The view is the main seller here; we went all across the island and experienced pretty much all different views of the Caldera, Skaros and other significant items in Santorini, and the view here is the absolute best. Firostefani is a neat place, because it gives you a less hectic environment than Fira, but more stores and neccessities than say, Imerovigli, which is up the road. We also liked rotating the walking paths to Fira: on days we had to catch the bus, we walked the main road. On dinner trips and scenic days, we walked the path along the cliffs and on days when we wanted a solitary walk, we would walk the middle path (up the cobblestone on the exit/parking lot of Firostefani) and see some locals and some neat, everyday living scenes. The breakfast was very nicely appointed, we had our room cleaned neatly and fresh towels daily and the owners were extremely helpful in every single item we had for them. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: There are 4 rooms: #1 has a porch that overlooks the street, but apparently, a private balcony. The...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 5 June 2013

We loved our stay at Hotel Mylos! I can’t imagine there is a better hotel as centrally located, with such a fantastic Caldera view, at a better price. If you want the Caldera view and a fantastic room at a good price, this is the place.

The owners were very helpful, and were very clear in their communications; which I really appreciated, especially since I feel bad that I don’t speak any Greek which forces them to speak English (which they seemed happy to do).

The room comes with a basic breakfast, which they serve to you on the patio (or your room) every morning when you are ready. The patio is shared, but I believe there are only 3 rooms sharing a large patio with three tables, so it still felt private, and the view is amazing.

The location is fantastic too. I was concerned that Firostefani was too far away from Fira, but I was very wrong. It’s basically part of Fira, and it’s not really possible to tell the two apart. The location is a little quieter and less crowded than most other Caldara locations in Fira or even Oia. So you get the view, a central location, and less congestion on the walking path. It’s a perfect location, and not far from the bus stop to Oia.

The room was very large, the bathroom/shower a little smaller, but very useable. The room we were in had a great view, it consisted of a queen bed, a small fridge, a large closet, two side tables, a small eating table, A/C, a TV, and a small bathroom/shower. And a fairly large shared patio. We paid an extra 20 euros to get picked up from the ferry terminal, which is a nice option. I only wish they had a pool or jacuzzi, but you can't have everything.

This really is a great location, a great view, and a good price for Santorini. It made our stay more enjoyable to be here.

Room Tip: There is a service road just off the parking lot, which allows you to quickly walk into Fira if you...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JoeJets
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 23 May 2013

My perfect stay here started with an upgrade to my room. Manolis showed me to the circular one on the second floor with a window overlooking the caldera. There was also terrace seating right outside my room. There are so many good things about this hotel -- its location and the view among them -- but the best part I think is the privacy you get while enjoying those. All the foot traffic is behind the hotel and all you get is quiet views of the caldera. This was exactly what I was looking for: a place on the caldera that didn't cost an arm and a leg.

Staying in Firostefani was also good. It's close enough to Fira to walk (where buses to all over the island can be caught) and, if you wanted to go to Oia, there's a bus stop very close to the hotel. The service is excellent as well. I had the choice of being served breakfast on the terrace or in my room. There's really nothing bad I can say about this hotel for the price I paid. The breakfast may be basic, but there are restaurants around if you needed more substantial fare; and the bathroom may be a little small but that was to be expected.

I definitely recommend this hotel. I would stay here again if I made it back to Santorini.

Room Tip: Room #2 had good space and a window overlooking the caldera
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Michigan
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Hotel Mylos was the best investment we made on our trip to Santorini!! This is the only hotel I will stay at the next time I visit. The Caldera view was incredible. You share the patio with the other guests but we hardly saw our neighbors. The room was clean, had two windows, a fridge, plates, silverware and a televison. The shower was small but not a big deal. The owner, Manolos, was such a sweet and helpful man! He took so much time explaining the island and it's attractions that we felt so welcomed and humbled by his kindness. Breakfast was simple and just enough every morning consisting of bread, jam, coffee and cake. If you desired anything else, you could visit the small convenience store attached to the hotel. There is a bus route every day that we took to Fira, Perissa, and Oia and it was only about 2 Euros/person each way. The only taxi ride we took from and to the ferry to get back to athens. Please stay here if you visit the island and I promise you will not regret it!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Heebs S
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 7 August 2012

This quiet little hotel is all about the Caldera view. You basically spend all your time on the porch, enjoying the magnificent view, if you are not sleeping or not out in Fira or Oia. The rooms are very simple, but as i said, you don't really spend time in them anyway. The breakfast is really basic, but you can improve it by buying cheese, ham, tomatoes etc from the store downstairs. It's real close to Fira by the way, so that's another plus. Overall it was a good stay, i would definitely recommend it to everyone who wants to stay in Fira area. *If i went back to Santorini, i would stay in the Oia area though, it is dreamy.*

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mughettina
Also consider these accommodations in or near Firostefani
Villa Ilias Caldera Hotel
#18 of 21 in Firostefani
Belvedere Santorini
Belvedere Santorini
#9 of 21 in Firostefani

Been to Hotel Mylos? Share your experiences!