“Will definitely stay again!”

Katerina and John's Hotel
Ranked #32 of 39 Hotels in Perissa
Vancouver Island, Canada
“Will definitely stay again!”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I stayed here for a period of 10 days, during which I was put in the large dorm room next to the pool. The showers weren't that great and the rooms were a little rough around the edges, but when it comes to finding budget accommodation in Greece (and no that isn't an oxymoron) you really can't beat the place. There's a pool you can swim in, you're directly across the street from the beach, and the owners are so nice and will even pick you up at the ferry point as soon as you land in Santorini.

Room Tip: The large dormroom is ideal for budget travellers (7 euros a night) but be prepared for a lack of sl...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank FlowerGypsy85

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights during a quick visit to Santorini. It was great for my purposes.

John collected me from and took me back to the port in the early hours of the morning. The apartments are a 10min walk from the black sand beach which is nice after a day of sightseeing. There's a bus stop right outside and a supermarket across the road.

The bathroom was good, the studio was on two floors and both had a balcony with table and chairs. The pool looked lovely, although was in the shade a fair bit and I didn't use. The kitchenette was really scruffy looking and I didn't use it - if I'd been staying for a while I would've asked to move.

3 Thank kirstyboo79
Tallinn, Estonia
Reviewed 23 July 2013

The hosts were very very nice! They picked us up from the port way after midnight. They were booked up so we moved to a hostel next door after 3 nights. We also rented the ATV for 4 days and they also offered to take us back to the port when we were leaving!!! (we didnt ask, they just offered, which was a lot more than our other hostel did)

Not the best wifi, however quite average for the island.

Room Tip: you may not get much sunlight on the first floor
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank yaamur
Reviewed 15 July 2013 via mobile

Budget accommodation, walking distance to the black beach of santorini. Next door to family owned quad bike/ATV rental also well priced with detailed reader friendly map of must sees of santorini. 2 mins walk to best gyros tavern in Greece (personally for me). Walking distance also to a supermarket.
Great place to meet other like minded travelers.
Recommend for all budget travellers.

2 Thank sarahnutella
Reviewed 29 June 2013

Awesome hostel for the price. We had a private room for 8 euros and we had air con and a fridge. John is very helpful and is taking us to the port this morning for our ferry to Ios. Definitely recommend

2 Thank SimonJohnBowles
Morton Grove, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 16 June 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay at Katerina and John's. John picked me up at the airport when I arrived and dropped me at the port when I departed. The staff was extremely friendly and very helpful. The rooms are simple, yet clean. The hotel had a bit of a rustic feel, but great for the price! The hotel is in a quieter part of the island (Perissa) away from the busy main town of Fira. There is a market and a 24 hour bakery across the street and tons of great restaurants and bars nearby! A short walk to Perissa beach and the bus stop was right in front of the hotel.

3 Thank Allycakes_x
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 November 2012

I couldn't help but think a poo on the floor would have brightened the place up a bit.
We showed up and were perplexed that the hostel we had seen in the photos and read so many great reviews about could have been this bad. There were actually cockroaches under my friends bed.
Dont get me wrong, we were not expecting paradise for the amount we were paying, I am avid backpacker and have stayed in my share of bad hostels. But we were just a bit out off by first impression, we stayed for a night but decided to change hostels as we were wanting a little more for our trip. The staff were friendly but didn't speak any English which wasn't that big of a problem. The pool was lovely! We went for a good swim then went for a walk to the beach (which they said was just opposite the hostel which turned out to be untrue).

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank TazeyDaze
Also consider these accommodations in or near Perissa
Emmanouela Studios & Villas
#11 of 39 in Perissa
Petra Nera Hotel
Petra Nera Hotel
#25 of 39 in Perissa

Been to Katerina and John's Hotel? Share your experiences!